Windows 10: Can't install Microsoft store games in a different storage unit unless I change where all...

Discus and support Can't install Microsoft store games in a different storage unit unless I change where all... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had to recently clean Install Windows on my pc due to a Malware Problem. Now that I'm reinstalling all apps and games, I'm facing a problem with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Guimer00, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Guimer00 Win User

Can't install Microsoft store games in a different storage unit unless I change where all...

I had to recently clean Install Windows on my pc due to a Malware Problem. Now that I'm reinstalling all apps and games, I'm facing a problem with games downloaded through the Microsoft Store/Xbox Store. Both in the Xbox app settings or when installing an individual game I receive this message when trying to select a separate storage unit:

Can't install Microsoft store games in a different storage unit unless I change where all... cd8b581c-d9e2-4f18-9514-8ce41a1f18d7?upload=true.png

The "location where new apps are saved" is the following setting:

Can't install Microsoft store games in a different storage unit unless I change where all... 67fd7cf5-1731-4a49-a1b5-8b0bec2e2a10?upload=true.png

But the problem is: I don't want to change the default location of every app installed by the Windows Store and I'm pretty sure that in my previous Windows install I had this option. I hade never changed the default app store and still could select case by case where I wanted to install each game from the Windows Store.

So my question is: How can I regain the ability to choose where I want to save each game downloaded from the Microsoft Store without changing the default store unit where every app will be saved.

:)

Guimer00, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Yossu Win User

Are all these games actually installed?

I followed those instructions, and rebooted to be sure, but my Start menu still shows loads of games and things I don't want.

Looking at the control panel, I can't see any of them under the list of installed programs, but it could be that apps show up somewhere else (never used them so I don't know).

Any ideas? Thanks

Yossu, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Can't install Microsoft store games in a different storage unit unless I change where all...

Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't install Microsoft store games in a different storage unit unless I change where all...

1. Can't install Microsoft store games in a different storage unit unless I change where all... - Similar Threads - Can't install Microsoft

2. Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store: I want to download games in Microsoft store on a different drive but it doesn't let me do it.I'm well aware I could change where new content is saved but I don't want to save all my other stuff on a different drive, just specific apps and games....
  3. Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store: I want to download games in Microsoft store on a different drive but it doesn't let me do it.I'm well aware I could change where new content is saved but I don't want to save all my other stuff on a different drive, just specific apps and games....
  4. How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?: I am trying to download forza horizon 5 123gb and it said that I needed to free up drive space but I wanted to install it to a different drive. I found a different page which told me how to change default save locations and it did not work. I keep getting the same "free up...
  5. How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?

How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?: I am trying to download forza horizon 5 123gb and it said that I needed to free up drive space but I wanted to install it to a different drive. I found a different page which told me how to change default save locations and it did not work. I keep getting the same "free up...
  6. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps: I have been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 on my S: drive. I have gone to "Change where new content is saved" and changed where apps should go to. This didn't help, it still tried to download on the C: drive which I don't have enough space on. I don't know what the issue...
  7. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps: I have been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 on my S: drive. I have gone to "Change where new content is saved" and changed where apps should go to. This didn't help, it still tried to download on the C: drive which I don't have enough space on. I don't know what the issue...
  8. I can't change where Microsoft Store downloads apps

9. Cannot change where games are installed on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot change where games are installed on Microsoft Store: Hello, I am trying to install a game I just bought on Microsoft Store, however my C drive is full and Microsoft store does not give me the option to pick my D drive. I went into settings and changed the default drive that apps install to to my D drive, but it still does not...
  10. Change storage location of Microsoft Store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change storage location of Microsoft Store games: I know it is possible to change the default locations for apps from within the Storage menu in Settings, but is it possible to set the location for just the apps marked as Games? I use an other partition for games and want to keep things seperated and organized....