Windows 10: Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 a while back and now I want to install it on my computer. I uninstalled it because it stopped working and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SkyeHeaven, May 6, 2021.

1. Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 a while back and now I want to install it on my computer. I uninstalled it because it stopped working and troubleshooting doesn't help. Now, when I try to install it, the "Install" button won't work. Nothing happens when I click it. Sometimes it works but it shows "Error" with no code.I tried all of the methods I found in the community and online so I would like to hear a new perspective. Here are the methods that didn't work: Updating Store apps Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter WSReset.exe on CMD Reset Store Powershell to re-register the Microsoft S

:)

SkyeHeaven, May 6, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 6, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Thank you for the information. It seems that the system still detects the beta version you've first downloaded. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you uninstall Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta to your computer, and reset the Microsoft Store app by performing
    the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Once you're done, kindly sign in your Microsoft account again to the Windows Store app and try to install Minecraft: Windows 10.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

Ariel Acu, May 6, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. I understand that you are unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store.

As you have already tried resetting, re-registering Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to try creating a new user account, sign in to Microsoft Store with your Microsoft account and then try installing Minecraft. Refer the steps mentioned in the
    article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, we might have to perform a repair installation of Windows on the computer. To perform a repair installation, refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the
    Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    and use it to perform a repair installation of Windows 10. We have
    a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure.

For additional information, see
    I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

1. Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't Install Minecraft

2. Can't download Minecraft for windows 10 from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download Minecraft for windows 10 from Microsoft store: I bought a code for minecraft and it worked i claimed it and i have it in my library on microsoft store but when i click on the install button nothing happens i already tried to use stuff like wsreset.exe and it didnt work...
  3. Can't download Minecraft for windows 10 from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Minecraft for windows 10 from Microsoft store: I bought a code for minecraft and it worked i claimed it and i have it in my library on microsoft store but when i click on the install button nothing happens i already tried to use stuff like wsreset.exe and it didnt work...
  4. Can't download Minecraft for windows 10 from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Minecraft from Microsoft Store: After a long time I decided to buy Minecraft Windows 10 Edition from the Microsoft store. After purchasing the game, I try to download it, except it won't let me. It says that I own the game and I am using a valid email account, but it still says that I have no devices to...
  6. Can't install minecraft windows 10 edition on microsoft store

Can't install minecraft windows 10 edition on microsoft store: I've owned MC for windows 10 for nearly 2 years now. I uninstalled it before and now when I go to the store page to reinstall it's gives me the error cursor when I hover over install. It still says I own it so I want to know why it won't let me install it. My downloads have...
  7. Can't install Minecraft from Microsoft Store

Can't install Minecraft from Microsoft Store: Hi, I was gifted Minecraft and redeemed the code, I went to install the game and the button to install doesn't even show up. When I go to the game's main page in the Microsoft store and click "Install on my devices" it asks me "Where do you want to install? It looks like...
  8. Minecraft will not install on Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Minecraft will not install on Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I am trying to install Minecraft from my Microsoft store account but get the error code - 0x803fb005. I have followed EVERY suggested way of fixing this problem from many different forums I dont seem to be alone however nothing has worked. My husband who works in IT so...
  9. Can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store

Can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store: I have been trying to install Minecraft for Windows 10 onto my laptop from the Microsoft store, but it doesn't work. It says I own the game, but the install button is fade and does nothing. Whenever the mouse goes over it, it turns into a "no sign". It just doesn't do...
  10. Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I have just purchased the Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection and am unable to install it. When viewing the pack and/or the game itself from within my game library it appears as though i able able to download it how ever when I click the install button the install and...