Windows 10: Can't install minecraft, same error in Microsoft store

Discus and support Can't install minecraft, same error in Microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Backstory: Old computer C drive died due to age and was replaced. Steadily been reinstalling games in Steam and other programs to the new 1TB that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Trey reeves, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Can't install minecraft, same error in Microsoft store

Backstory:

Old computer C drive died due to age and was replaced. Steadily been reinstalling games in Steam and other programs to the new 1TB that replaced the 400gig drive. Went to install minecraft and got Java installed Woo modded minecraft

Went to install windows 10 edition and i get an error.

Error goes like this:

Load Microsoft store on my PC

Navigate to "My library"

Search"All owned" category for "Minecraft"

Click icon to go to store page

Click "install on my devices" button

get frustrated by the pop up that says "Try that again, something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help."

Been trying to install minecraft for like a month now. Can't. But I can play it on my xbox one just fine.

Additional info: I originally purchased Minecraft prior to Microsoft owning Mojang in like... 2006? 2007? Don't remember exactly, but i got a free "windows 10 edition" update, and redeemed a code That i cannot find/access through my microsoft purchase history on 9/21/2017

When looking into my issue i notice that the versions of minecraft of the Microsoft store specify "Minecraft for Windows 10" while the version that it says I have in my library just says "Minecraft" is this where my issue stems from? Microsoft renamed the game so now the thing i already purchased "doesn't count"?

:)

Trey reeves, Jun 7, 2020

2. Minecraft Got Deleted After Clean Installating Windows 10 And Again Minecraft Purchased.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I think you did a Clean Installation of Windows 10 and Clean Installation will delete all your applications; games; and your user data such as music files, video files, pictures, documents, etc.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. From where did you purchase the Minecraft game?
    2. Have you already installed Minecraft on your Windows 10 computer?

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Oculus, then I suggest you to
    Contact the Oculus Support Team
    and they will help you with this.

Please feel free to contact us back, in case you have any other questions/issues with Windows in future.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Error code 0x80073CF0 on Microsoft Store Windows 10 app install

I'm trying to download and install Minecraft and get this error. I ran the suggested command and rebooted the PC without success. Next step please?

AdrianHagop, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Can't install minecraft, same error in Microsoft store

minecraft windows 10 not installing?

Hi Xpsychonauticon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the game doesn't get installed as it should.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the issue specific to this game?
    3. Are you referring to Minecraft app from Windows Store?
    4. Are you able to install other apps from the Microsoft Store?
    5. Are you able to uninstall the app?

However, let us follow these methods and check if that makes any difference.

Method 1: If your answer to the Q-5 is No, then suggest you to follow the steps from this article to

fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    . Once the steps are done, remember to restart the PC.

Method 2: To uninstall the app that is downloaded from the Microsoft Store, refer to the steps from this article.

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/how-to-uninstall-reinstall-game-windows-10

Further, suggest you to ensure that the correct Microsoft account is used. To do this follow the steps provided by
    Shafeeq_Khan’ from this thread to check if that works
    for you.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't install minecraft, same error in Microsoft store

1. Can't install minecraft, same error in Microsoft store - Similar Threads - Can't install minecraft

2. Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 a while back and now I want to install it on my computer. I uninstalled it because it stopped working and troubleshooting doesn't help. Now, when I try to install it, the "Install" button won't work. Nothing happens when I click it. Sometimes...
  3. Can't install minecraft windows 10 edition on microsoft store

Can't install minecraft windows 10 edition on microsoft store: I've owned MC for windows 10 for nearly 2 years now. I uninstalled it before and now when I go to the store page to reinstall it's gives me the error cursor when I hover over install. It still says I own it so I want to know why it won't let me install it. My downloads have...
  4. Error installing MineCraft from Microsoft store error Code: 0x803FB107

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error installing MineCraft from Microsoft store error Code: 0x803FB107: Hello Team, I have tried to install the Minecraft from the store for several days and i keep getting this error Code: 0x803FB107 I know the store is working as i was able to download another app with no issues. I checked my computer for the latest update, reset the...
  5. Can't install Minecraft from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Minecraft from Microsoft Store: Hi, I was gifted Minecraft and redeemed the code, I went to install the game and the button to install doesn't even show up. When I go to the game's main page in the Microsoft store and click "Install on my devices" it asks me "Where do you want to install? It looks like...
  6. Microsoft Store Not Installing Updates, Same Error Code 0x80246007

Microsoft Store Not Installing Updates, Same Error Code 0x80246007: Hi, I am running Window 10 Version 2004 Installed on ‎26/‎11/‎2020 OS build 20262.1010 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.27510.10320.0 on a Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usable System type 64-bit...
  7. Can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store

Can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store: I have been trying to install Minecraft for Windows 10 onto my laptop from the Microsoft store, but it doesn't work. It says I own the game, but the install button is fade and does nothing. Whenever the mouse goes over it, it turns into a "no sign". It just doesn't do...
  8. Microsoft store not installing Minecraft

Microsoft store not installing Minecraft: So, I know the laptop I'm using is a hp stream. but I made it so It'll install new microsoft store apps to a usb. there is also a sd card there to help with updates and things. but is there a way to fix the store problem? I'm trying the trouble shooter right now, but if...
  9. Minecraft Dungeons Error on Microsoft Store

Minecraft Dungeons Error on Microsoft Store: I just bought the standard edition of the game and when i try to install it, it shows an error saying that my windows update is disabled and i need to troubleshoot it. I troubleshooted the windows update but no problems were found, i tried installing another games in the...
  10. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Minecraft installation in Microsoft store: I purchased minecraft from the windows store, But It wont download Instal button is in active. I can press but nothing happen. ***Original Title: Minecraft in windows store***...