Windows 10: Can't install multiple graphics drivers

Discus and support Can't install multiple graphics drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying to get my RX 460 and ATI 3000 graphics to both work at the same time. When I install the drivers for the ATI 3000 both monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rose512, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Rose512 Win User

Can't install multiple graphics drivers

I have been trying to get my RX 460 and ATI 3000 graphics to both work at the same time. When I install the drivers for the ATI 3000 both monitors work, however my main monitor connected to the RX 460 uses the generic Windows Display Adapter and the Radeon Control Center crashes and refuses to launch. When reinstalling the RX 460 drivers the monitor hooked up to the ATI 3000 fails to be detected outside of the device manager. Is there any way to use both drivers at the same time? I REALLY don't feel like dropping a ton of cash just because Windows refuses to let people use old hardware for no reason.

Specs:

RX 460 2GB

-Driver Packaging Version: 9.20.01.07-190612a-343557E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019

ATI 3000

-Driver: 26.20.12001.7006

-Windows Version: Win10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.295

:)

Rose512, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Graphics driver failed durring installation

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Do you get any error messages while booting the computer normally?
    • What is the make and model number of the computer?
    This issue could have occurred if the driver is not installed properly.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode with Networking and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode with Networking, I suggest you to install latest graphics driver and check if you face any issues.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

Now install latest graphics driver and check if you can boot the computer normally.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Can't install multiple graphics drivers

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Can't install multiple graphics drivers

1. Can't install multiple graphics drivers - Similar Threads - Can't install multiple

2. Problem with installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with installing graphics driver: Hi. My graphic driver has been removed automatically and i don't know why ... when I download the driver to install it manually I get this error that goes like this: this graphic driver coulld not find compatible graphics hardware. I am 100% sure that I have downloaded the...
  3. Problem with installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with installing graphics driver: Hi. My graphic driver has been removed automatically and i don't know why ... when I download the driver to install it manually I get this error that goes like this: this graphic driver coulld not find compatible graphics hardware. I am 100% sure that I have downloaded the...
  4. Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Monitors, Multiple Backgrounds, Windows 11 and Graphics Driver Updates: Hi, I run three monitors on my Windows 11 desktop PC, and all three have different images as their backgrounds. However, every single time my graphics drivers update whether from Windows Update or AMD Adrenaline; seems to make no difference and be triggered by either, all...
  5. Cant install graphic driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant install graphic driver.: A long time ago there was something going on with my pc windows 7. All the files were converted to adobe. one of my friends repaired it, it updated to windows 10. Recently i accidentally uninstalled my graphic driver that only works for windows 7. Somehow it worked in the...
  6. Graphics drivers won’t install

Graphics drivers won’t install: So, I accidentally deleted my graphics card drivers NVIDIA card, so I downloaded the installer for the drivers. However, when I run the installer, It lets me choose my directory, then shows a progress bar saying “after files are copied, installation will continue”. When the...
  7. The driver is not installed on the graphics card.

The driver is not installed on the graphics card.: 1.После переустановки Windows я решил установить драйвер на видеокарту. Но когда скачал exe файл и установил драйвера, результата не было .. Скачал с оффсайта Intel, но установился и ничего не вышло .. Все точно писало "Microsoft Basic Video Adapter" [ATTACH] Пытался...
  8. can't install driver Intel HD graphic

can't install driver Intel HD graphic: i uses 1 laptop panasonic Cf-LX5. the driver is not working and now it's used "Microsoft basic display adapter". i can't not install driver Intell HD graphic 520 for it : [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't install updates, drivers, etc. Multiple Issues...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install updates, drivers, etc. Multiple Issues...: So I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I have gone down a huge rabbit hole in trying to fix my computer issues and just discovering more and more issues. I am really hoping someone is able to help me with this, as I am not computer savvy. Happy to provide logs if you...
  10. Graphics Driver won't install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics Driver won't install?: Before I start I would like to mention I am terrible with computers. I tried to download graphic drivers using the CD from the Geforce 1030 GDDR5 but the moment I try to install it tells me that its imcompatible with my system, claiming the hardware does not exist[ATTACH]...