Windows 10: Cant install Nvidia display driver - constant restart

Discus and support Cant install Nvidia display driver - constant restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all I started having issues today while playing World of Warcraft. Occasionally it would freeze and I would get a notification along the lines of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Martyn27, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Martyn27 Win User

Cant install Nvidia display driver - constant restart

Hi all

I started having issues today while playing World of Warcraft. Occasionally it would freeze and I would get a notification along the lines of "Nvidia display driver has crashed and recovered successfully". It started happening more frequently and sometimes was restarting my PC instead of recovering. I tried to update the Nvidia driver (I did have an update) but no joy, it happened again. I tried logging into WoW and quickly changing settings, however it restarted again, this time even windows refused to recover.

It now attempts to boot about 3-4 times then the troubleshoot options appears saying it failed to load windows. System restore can not find a restore point and Go back to the previous build refuses to work also. I am at a loss to what is causing this? At first I thought it was an issue with overheating but the temp never even went above 80. I tried rolling back the nvidia update in safe mode but that did not work either.

What can I do, without having to reset my pc?

:)

Martyn27, Dec 8, 2015
  2. lojacky Win User

Nvidia driver installed by windows update.

In 29/12,I installed the NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7654 update automatically by windows update.

After the update,my computer started being frozed,keep restarting every 2 to 3 mintues,the stop code is DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.

So,i was wondering how can i uninstall this driver,when i cannot uninstall it in the console,in the windows updates installed list,i cant see NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7654
    update and can not uninstall it,can someone please tell me how to uninstall the update installed by windows update?(I mean how to uninstall NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7654
    update)

Please HELP!

lojacky, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Ahfookies Win User
    Help! I can't install nvidia display driver on windows 10

Update:

I managed to get a clean install of windows ver 1703 (from windowsiso) and disabled the game recording, game bar stuff. DISM came back 100%. However, the problem persists. I have the latest BIOS according to my motherboard's manufacturer's website. I tried
    both the latest, as well as a previous version of nvidia driver and both of them gave the same, disappointing results. Also, windows defender does not pop up when i try to install the graphics driver. I too cannot understand why this is happening since i have
    been using windows 10 prior to this and it worked fine.

Ahfookies, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Martyn27 Win User

Bump (sorry if this isn't allowed)

Martyn27, Dec 10, 2015
  5. Martyn27 Win User
    Booting in safe mode I did a full uninstall of my graphics drivers. This then allowed a normal boot. Attempting to re-install my graphics driver caused the system to restart half way through and fail. I tried an older version of the driver and this caused the same. I am not sure if this is a software issue or my graphics card is ****ed. I tried to do a windows update and dont think this worked either, kept restarting and "attempting to recover installation", which I assume was when it was trying to install graphics drivers. It has also put me back in a restart loop. If all else fails I am going to try a clean reinstall of windows 10 but I really dont want to have to do this. Can anyone tell me if this is likely software/hardware issues?

Martyn27, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant install Nvidia display driver - constant restart - Similar Threads - Cant install Nvidia

2. PC restarts on installing any NVidia drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts on installing any NVidia drivers: Hello folks,I built a workstation last year with RTX 3060ti and things were running fine till two weeks back when I started facing a weird issue. After getting a WIndows/NVidia update the screen went black, the machine was running but the screen was black. I forced restart...
  3. PC restarts on installing any NVidia drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restarts on installing any NVidia drivers: Hello folks,I built a workstation last year with RTX 3060ti and things were running fine till two weeks back when I started facing a weird issue. After getting a WIndows/NVidia update the screen went black, the machine was running but the screen was black. I forced restart...
  4. PC restarts on installing any NVidia drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. nvlddmkm.sys Constant Black screen and restart on Win11 with Nvidia Studio Driver!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvlddmkm.sys Constant Black screen and restart on Win11 with Nvidia Studio Driver!: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WkD6bNOJ7rdWuBF9PE48JndUSqhwfWil/view?usp=sharingI have attached the Minidump file in the Google Drive in case you need it.This is outrageously bad! Windows 11 is extremely unstable and crash my pc almost 1 time per 3 days! I m using a 3090 FE...
  6. nvlddmkm.sys Constant Black screen and restart on Win11 with Nvidia Studio Driver!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvlddmkm.sys Constant Black screen and restart on Win11 with Nvidia Studio Driver!: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WkD6bNOJ7rdWuBF9PE48JndUSqhwfWil/view?usp=sharingI have attached the Minidump file in the Google Drive in case you need it.This is outrageously bad! Windows 11 is extremely unstable and crash my pc almost 1 time per 3 days! I m using a 3090 FE...
  7. Nvidia display drivers ready to install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia display drivers ready to install: I have just checked for updates on my IP beta W10 and Nvidia display drivers are ready to install. There seems to be no option to reject them. Trouble is, this pc is running its graphics off the Athlon 3000G processor. What is Microsoft up to? *Eek 162844
  8. [help] cant install nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] cant install nvidia drivers: i cant install nvidia gpu drivers in my pc. my pc specs amd a6-6400k msi gt 710 2gb ddr3 8gb ddr3 ram i have normally updating drivers, removed all drivers with ddu still cant install gpu drivers. submitted by /u/sh1b313 [link] [comments]...
  9. i cant install newest nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant install newest nvidia driver: so r/nvidia refused to help me, maybe someone here can help me. i downloaded the lastest nvidia driver 445 for the gtx 1060 win 10 64bit. when i click the .exe the location where the file is, just freezes and it loads endlessly. i have to restart windows explorer in the...
  10. Cant install nvidia drivers and open nvidia geforce experience anymore !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant install nvidia drivers and open nvidia geforce experience anymore !: Hello , yesterday i was notified by geforce experience about a new driver , and i decided to install it , it failed many times , and after a restart on my pc , i was not even able to open nvidia gefroce experience , even with admin rights , it gave me an error like this -...