Windows 10: Can't install Office, any version? This is a tip to fix.

Discus and support Can't install Office, any version? This is a tip to fix. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Okay, I have been having a HUGE problem installing Office, tried 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019, none would install despite any and all fixes and work... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by baldyfeathers, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Can't install Office, any version? This is a tip to fix.

Okay, I have been having a HUGE problem installing Office, tried 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019, none would install despite any and all fixes and work around videos on the interwebs. I was able to get a partial install with 2019, but it was sketchy at best. I have valid keys for all versions.

So, this morning I decided to attack the problem my way. I loaded up my ISO copy of 2013 and when it came up with the error, I made note of it, activated show hidden files and folders and located the pesky problems, there were two of them. C:/MSO cache and another. When I tried to access MSOcache I got a warning that I didn't have permission to access, but it gave me the option to hit continue to gain access and access I gained, woot! Then, following the next error on install I located the other file and had to take ownership of said file (you have to download and install the little proggie to have this option), then proceeded to complete the Office install. Put in my key and all was good to go. The Microsoft Store would not allow a download because this unit never had any version of Office registered with MS. This put me in limboland.

I have spent over a week of trying everything to install Office. This machine is a win 7 upgrade to win 10 unit and some of the permissions are fubar, but I am slowly getting through those problems as they surface. My other three computers that came with win 10 already installed I had no problem with the Office install and activation with the other 3 keys.

Obviously I wanted to do this without a wipe out and clean reinstall of win 10 as suggested in some posts as the only solution, a monster headache with reloading all my other programs.

So today I finally slew the dragon, oh happy day....YMMV..cheers

:)

baldyfeathers, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Help With Office 2013 Install

Our IT department sent a note about home use (Office 365, specifically), and this warning:

A suggestion... re-install Office 2010, then try to install 2013?

Sasqui, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 12, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't install Office, any version? This is a tip to fix.

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't install Office, any version? This is a tip to fix.

1. Can't install Office, any version? This is a tip to fix. - Similar Threads - Can't install Office

2. I can't install windows 10 because the storage drivers aren't showing. Any tips?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install windows 10 because the storage drivers aren't showing. Any tips?: I'm trying to install windows 10 using a media creation tool on a laptop that's meant to run windows 7. I received this laptop with windows 10 installed and for some reason, upon turning on the device, the laptop just started telling me that there is no OS installed. I am...
  3. Can't install Office

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install Office: submitted by /u/LP_AM_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mkom9j/cant_install_office/
  4. I can't install DirectX of any version

I can't install DirectX of any version: When I tried install directx, the error an "Setup could not donload the file" And I added the screenshot P.S. I have a videocard NVIDIA GEForce GT 540M. [ATTACH]...
  5. Any tips how to fix part of lower screen hidden?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any tips how to fix part of lower screen hidden?: [IMG]I just want the whole screen visible again. The problem here is, I use the LG television as a screen, and could fix it with the remote. Obviously, that remote is missing. Any advice would be appreciated! And now back to looking for the remote......
  6. Hey yall. Any tips on how to fix this.

Hey yall. Any tips on how to fix this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BrenJubJub [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkecph/hey_yall_any_tips_on_how_to_fix_this/
  7. Any tips on getting setup on a fresh windows 10 install?

Any tips on getting setup on a fresh windows 10 install?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/This_guy_lit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvbbzs/any_tips_on_getting_setup_on_a_fresh_windows_10/
  8. Can't install Office, any version. This is a tip to fix.

Can't install Office, any version. This is a tip to fix.: Okay, I have been having a HUGE problem installing Office, tried 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019, none would install despite any and all fixes and work around videos on the interwebs. I was able to get a partial install with 2019, but it was sketchy at best. So, this morning...
  9. Any tips?

Any tips?: [ATTACH] I'm trying to get rid of this, but nothing is working. Can someone tell me how? https://preview.redd.it/hcth3jolcu441.png?width=1001&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebd14b9ea7ba6948db1819d0186abf8b979ca681 submitted by /u/damyan_270 [link] [comments]...
  10. Why can't I install any version of the media feature pack? Like, any version of it.

Why can't I install any version of the media feature pack? Like, any version of it.: Could someone give me an honest reason why I can't install this? I can't think of a single one. I don't see what magically changed in this insider build (18305) that would just completely break everything if I installed it. You're telling me I have to roll back my windows...