Windows 10: Can't install old directx versions on Windows 10.

Discus and support Can't install old directx versions on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to install old versions of directx in order to play some older games. I have been consistently getting an "internal error"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gly7, Dec 20, 2018.

1. gly7 Win User

Can't install old directx versions on Windows 10.

Hello,

I have been trying to install old versions of directx in order to play some older games.

I have been consistently getting an "internal error" when trying to use directx installation tools.

I have tried both the DirectX End-User Runtimes file, and the web installer version and they both give me the same error (even while ran as administrator.

I have tried reinstalling my graphics drivers as well.

This is an excerpt from the error log:

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:14:21] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:14:21] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: setup.cpp, line: 1727, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:15:16] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6637, function: CMDXInstall::Install

Failed API: InstallAssembly()

Error: (0x80070005) - Access is denied.

Unable to install Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll.

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:15:16] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2165, function: ExecuteCab

MDXInstall::Install() failed.

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:15:16] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5776, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

ExecuteCab() failed.

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:15:17] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6637, function: CMDXInstall::Install

Failed API: InstallAssembly()

Error: (0x80070005) - Access is denied.

Unable to install Microsoft.DirectX.dll.

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:15:17] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 5796, function: DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn

MDXInstall::Install() failed.

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:15:17] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------

[12/19/18 11:15:17] module: dsetup32(Mar 30 2011), file: setup.cpp, line: 1727, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed.

Is there any other method of installing DirectX or remedying this issue?

Thank you.

:)

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Can't install old directx versions on Windows 10.

directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which version installed

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Can't install old directx versions on Windows 10.

1. Can't install old directx versions on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Can't install old

2. Can't update old version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update old version of Windows 10: I have a PC running Windows 10 1703 15063.1418 and have been trying all days to update it.All the PC does is cycle between the following two screensI've also tried the technique, which worked in the past for me, to stop the windows update services... rename the...
  3. Can't update old version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update old version of Windows 10: I have a PC running Windows 10 1703 15063.1418 and have been trying all days to update it.All the PC does is cycle between the following two screensI've also tried the technique, which worked in the past for me, to stop the windows update services... rename the...
  4. Can't update old version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't Install DirectX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Install DirectX: Hello, i needs help with directX Setup When I try Install i got this message an internal it says that please refer the error to DXError.log and DirectX.log. Iseveryone know how to fix this problem? i did try sfc /scannow, all regedit even i try like in youtube its wont help...
  6. I can't install DirectX of any version

I can't install DirectX of any version: When I tried install directx, the error an "Setup could not donload the file" And I added the screenshot P.S. I have a videocard NVIDIA GEForce GT 540M. [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't Install DirectX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Install DirectX: I have some problems with my DirectX installation. it says that please refer the error to DXError.log and DirectX.log. Iseveryone know how to fix this problem? I already tried many things like change installedversion in regedit, sfc/scannow, etc [ATTACH] Here's what it says...
  8. Can't install DirectX 10

Can't install DirectX 10: Hello! I am trying to install DirectX 10 using DirectX End-User Runtimes June 2010 [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109]. However, I am getting the following error: "An internal system error ocurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in...
  9. Can't install DirectX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install DirectX: Hello everyone, I want to play a game need directX 9 and try to install it. But its always said: [ATTACH] I'm logon as an Administrator too but still had that error. Who know about this error please teach me fix it? My PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit build 18363 CPU Core i7-4790...
  10. Can't install DirectX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't install DirectX: I have a problem with playing some games. These games require installing DXsetup program but I cannot install it because I receive a message that the installation failed due to an internal system error. My computer is Dell G7, Windows 10, - 1803....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install directx on windows 10

2. cant install on this version of windows

3. install earlier versions of direct x

4. failed api: installassembly() error: (0x80070005) - access is denied.,
  5. installing older versions of direct x,
  6. cant install directx windows 10,
  7. dx fails to install 0x80070005,
  8. install old version direct x,
  9. directx (0x80070005) InstallAssembly() windows 10,
  10. how to download previous directx,
  11. install old directx windows 10,
  12. how to install earlier version of directx,
  13. module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011) file: dxupdate.cpp line: 6637 function: CMDXInstall::Install Failed API: InstallAssembly() Error: (0x80070005) - Access is denied. Unable to install Microsoft.DirectX.dll.,
  14. if im installing an older game doi need to install the earlier version of direct x,
  15. windows10 cant install direct9x