Windows 10: Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?

Discus and support Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there, im wondering if someone can help me. On the microsoft store, some games i am able to choose to install to my D:/ drive and some dont give me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SoggyTissu3, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?

Hi there, im wondering if someone can help me. On the microsoft store, some games i am able to choose to install to my D:/ drive and some dont give me the option.

Like for instance. Forza Horizon 4 - I can install to D Drive.

Dragon Quest XI S: I cannot.

I have done the whole storage > Change where new content is saved.

And it still does not resolve anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

SoggyTissu3, Feb 2, 2021

2. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 2, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?

D drive

We need additional information to isolate the issue:

• What is the file size of the game that you're trying to install?
    • Did you download the game online or are you using an installer?
    • Which game are you installing?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when installing other programs on the D drive?
    • Other than the "Drive removed" error message, are you getting other error codes/messages?

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?

1. Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games? - Similar Threads - Cant Install Drive

2. i cant install games on the d drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i cant install games on the d drive: i am trying to install age of empires IV on my pc and i dont have enough space on the c drive so i want to install it on the d drive but it wont even though i set the app installation on the d drive from the system settings...
  3. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to install game to D drive: I just bought Forza 5 and do not have enough space on my C drive for the game. This is a family PC and there are several other accounts on it. I've already set my default to the D drive but when I try to install it it says there is not enough space and does not give me an...
  4. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install game to D drive: I just bought Forza 5 and do not have enough space on my C drive for the game. This is a family PC and there are several other accounts on it. I've already set my default to the D drive but when I try to install it it says there is not enough space and does not give me an...
  5. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. cant install games on D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install games on D: hello so i cant install games on D i think its because the games are already installed on D:\WindowsApps but the store doesnt detect them and i cant even delte them form there so yeah i need help...
  7. I cannot install a game in the drive D:\

I cannot install a game in the drive D:\: I just recently bought a game from the App Store and I cannot install it. I did some research and I found that I have to delete or rename the folder: D:\WindowsApps I did it but when I try to install again the folder is re created empty and nothing else happen. Also I give...
  8. Unable to install games on D drive

Unable to install games on D drive: The Microsoft store will not install onto my D drive. I've tried changing the default save location but it tells me that there are apps on the drive and it is unable to delete them. Ive purchased Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 and would really like to install it but the app simply...
  9. Cant install to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant install to D drive: I am trying to install a video game. Says there is not enough space on my C drive. When I change it to D and click install I get the message "You must enter a valid directory name, and cannot install at the root level. Please select another location. How can I install to my D...
  10. Can't install some programs to D Drive? (Chrome to D Drive)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install some programs to D Drive? (Chrome to D Drive)?: I have a 120GB M.2 PCIE and I want it reserved for windows 10 and it's updates, which is C Drive But I want to install Adobe in my 1 2TB HDD,which is D Drive. I've made the folders for Program Files and Program Files (x86) I've divided the 2TB So I have 2 different...