Windows 10: can't install optional feature in W2K22 server

Discus and support can't install optional feature in W2K22 server in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks can't install openssh-server on W2K22 evaluation server -(running it as a VM - nothing wrong in testing a server as a VM)- errors out with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Feb 16, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

can't install optional feature in W2K22 server

Hi folks
    can't install openssh-server on W2K22 evaluation server -(running it as a VM - nothing wrong in testing a server as a VM)- errors out with check insider levels but there's no options to do this !!!

I need this to be able to use sftp on the server.

can't install optional feature in W2K22 server [​IMG]

The stupid server keeps retrying and failing every 15 mins too !!!!!! Can't find a way of stopping this "auto search"

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 16, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

W2k22 pre-release version server on KVM/QEMU Good learning tool

Hi folks
    From Brinks post in News on Server W2K22 - you get link to download and keys .

I got it working on KVM/QEMU -- everything apart from sound but who needs sound on a server. SMB1 also working for sharing with older NAS / Windows systems. (update- sound now working -- start the service !!!)

At install choose the standard server not the datacenter option with the correct key from Brink's post if you just want to play around at home.

It should work equally on Windows Hosts either on VMWARE / VBOX or HYPER-V.

Good also for nested VM's -- add a VM to this VM !! performance is not bad either.

Brilliant for those who want to learn using servers etc -- also as a VM it's great because if you break anything you just delete that VM and start again !!

Here's the main VM :

Update -- Sound now working - just needed to enable the sound service on the Guest (W2K22) (sound is ICH9 in the VM config (on the host)

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 16, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Feb 16, 2021
  4. can't install optional feature in W2K22 server

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

can't install optional feature in W2K22 server

1. can't install optional feature in W2K22 server - Similar Threads - can't install optional

2. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  3. Optional feature not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optional feature not installing: My PC is having issue installing an optional feature, more specifically Japanese Supplemental Fonts. My device is an Intel NUC and before I formatted this PC, it did not have any problem installing any optional feature. Post-reset, however, the progress bar would not move...
  4. Can't install Windows 11 optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows 11 optional features: It stuck at this stage for 10 hours.If I click cancel, it will says "Canceling" and stuck. If I go to another page and come back, it will says it's still "Installing".I have restarted and do it again for several times. It's still not work.sfc /scannow is already used. Nothing...
  5. Can't install Windows 11 optional features

Can't install Windows 11 optional features: It stuck at this stage for 10 hours.If I click cancel, it will says "Canceling" and stuck. If I go to another page and come back, it will says it's still "Installing".I have restarted and do it again for several times. It's still not work.sfc /scannow is already used. Nothing...
  6. Cannot install OpenSSH client or server optional features in Windows Server 2019

Cannot install OpenSSH client or server optional features in Windows Server 2019: Hello Experts, When I try to install the SSH Server and Client optional features in Windows Server 2019 it fails. They do not install. In the settings -> Manage Optional Features menu, it looks like they start but never complete and then show up back in the list of available...
  7. Cannot install OpenSSH client or server optional features in Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install OpenSSH client or server optional features in Windows Server 2019: Hello Experts, When I try to install the SSH Server and Client optional features in Windows Server 2019 it fails. They do not install. In the settings -> Manage Optional Features menu, it looks like they start but never complete and then show up back in the list of available...
  8. Cannot install OpenSSH client or server optional features in Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. W2K22 Server - latest version used as a desktop workstation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W2K22 Server - latest version used as a desktop workstation: Hi folks Latest version of using Evaluation W2K22 server as a Desktop workstation : Note one defect - you can't currently install openssh-server from the install optional features. I needed to set SMB1 otherwise some machines on my LAN couldn't see it (and the reverse this...
  10. Optional feature installation issue: can't Add any feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional feature installation issue: can't Add any feature: Hi, community! I'm trying basically to Add Windows Media Player, When I'm trying to add it and when I do preform "install" - I click "back" and the progression is all gray, no progress. It's taking some time and the installation is finished (without any progression mark on...