Windows 10: Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store

Discus and support Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have been getting this error code for months now and so far all solutions I have seen for others relating this issue have no worked for me. I also... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Poop Bucket, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store

I have been getting this error code for months now and so far all solutions I have seen for others relating this issue have no worked for me. I also cannot use the feedback center cause this code stops me from installing it

:)

Poop Bucket, Jan 22, 2022

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store

Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers
    to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?

• Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile,
    we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step
    1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows
    Logo Key + R
    to open the Run
    dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows
    Store apps
    > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix
    problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and
    then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and
    check, refer this article to create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store

1. Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store - Similar Threads - Can't install update

2. Can't update or install anything on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't update or install anything on Microsoft Store: I get this error when i try to update or install anything on the Microsoft StoreCode: 0x80070241I've done:- WSReset.exe- Logged in and out of multiple accounts- Used the Terminate and Reset in the settings- Run the Troubleshooter - Changed Region/TimeI've been on Google all...
  3. Can't update or install anything on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update or install anything on Microsoft Store: I get this error when i try to update or install anything on the Microsoft StoreCode: 0x80070241I've done:- WSReset.exe- Logged in and out of multiple accounts- Used the Terminate and Reset in the settings- Run the Troubleshooter - Changed Region/TimeI've been on Google all...
  4. Can't update or install anything on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store can't install anything

Microsoft store can't install anything: Hello all,I have been trying to download the Xbox app for pc on the Microsoft store for months now and I have been unsuccessful every time. Anytime I try to install something the x80070005 error code popos up. I have done hours of research to try to get rid of this error code...
  6. Microsoft store can't install anything

Microsoft store can't install anything: Hello all,I have been trying to download the Xbox app for pc on the Microsoft store for months now and I have been unsuccessful every time. Anytime I try to install something the x80070005 error code popos up. I have done hours of research to try to get rid of this error code...
  7. Can't install anything on microsoft store

Can't install anything on microsoft store: I'm unable to install anything on mincrosoft store, for example, when I press install on minecraft launcher, nothing happens. When I try to install something else, it gives me this message: "Try the download again, something happened on our end". I'm very confused and I don't...
  8. Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store: I have been getting this error code for months now and so far all solutions I have seen for others relating this issue have no worked for me. I also cannot use the feedback center cause this code stops me from installing it...
  9. Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store

Can't install or update anything with the microsoft store: I have been getting this error code for months now and so far all solutions I have seen for others relating this issue have no worked for me. I also cannot use the feedback center cause this code stops me from installing it...
  10. Can't install anything on the Microsoft Store.

Can't install anything on the Microsoft Store.: I tried to install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition and it gave me Code 0x80080005, I tried to use wreset but that didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-anything-on-the-microsoft-store/7589554a-4203-4ccd-be6a-f70851afc80d