Windows 10: Cant install or use any program after fresh windows install 10 1909

Discus and support Cant install or use any program after fresh windows install 10 1909 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, Started having BSOD issues and just decided to to a fresh install. After installing windows 10 Pro 1909 and making a local account with Admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marvalge, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Marvalge Win User

Cant install or use any program after fresh windows install 10 1909

Hey,

Started having BSOD issues and just decided to to a fresh install. After installing windows 10 Pro 1909 and making a local account with Admin rights I discovered that i was not able to install nor run any exe file on my computers drives. Even installing chrome gave a popup with a message that i did not have admin rights but it would still be able to install.

I had to enable built in Administrator account to be able to install anything that needed admin rights. I also looked what grupp my first user account was part of and it says administrator aswell but still cant run anything as admin.

Even running cmd.exe as admin gives me error "specified path does not exist". If i do the same under the built in admin account everything works.

Anything related to admin account will give me error about the path not being correct.

Also tried a re-reinstall of windows this time under MS account still the same issue.

Any ideas ?

:)

Marvalge, Nov 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant install or use any program after fresh windows install 10 1909 - Similar Threads - Cant install program

2. Windows 10 after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 after fresh install: As we all know, Windows 10 installation comes with pre-installed apps, automatically starting services. Now just to be clear I want to be in the safe side this time, that's why I'm asking here. What are the applications and services that are unnecessary & doesn't effect...
  3. cant install program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant install program: I get the "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" message from windows installer first time trying to install . my new laptop is on windows 10 home in s mode. I have started the windows installer in services. what else can I do ?...
  4. Fresh install with 1909 only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install with 1909 only?: Hi everyone; Did a fresh install of Windows 10 last night to attempt to fix some power on from sleep issues that I am having on my notebook. I like to use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB for the install, so I can format the drive using command prompt etc....
  5. Freshly installed Windows 1909 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freshly installed Windows 1909 freezes: I’ve just installed Windows 10, 1909 using the USB flash drive. But most often my PC is not booting in the login screen because it freezes at the start. So it is impossible even unlock my computer. If it manages to get to the login screen, it freezes. Sometimes I am able to...
  6. Windows 10 1909 - drivers corrupt on fresh install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1909 - drivers corrupt on fresh install: Hi I recently wiped and reinstalled windows 10 using the media creation tool on the MS website Before the wipe my Logitech C615 webcam worked flawlessly, as dis my Intel Pro/1000MT network card. Now however they both have the below message in task manager no matter how many...
  7. Runtime Broker 1909 fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker 1909 fresh install: i full format , clean installation windows 10 1909 from USB i download from microsoft , i have in a usb the 1903 copy save from previosly , idk if i full format again and delete the 1909 and install the 1903 , buttt after i change the view of CP to large i monitoring the...
  8. HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIC photos not opening in Windows 10 1909 Fresh Install: I'm having an issue where all HEIC photos will not open in a fresh install of Windows 10 1909. I've confirmed that the HEIF Image Extensions app is installed. I've gone through the usual troubleshooting steps of resetting the Photos and HEIF image Extensions apps to no...
  9. Univeral applications open/close after fresh install of 1909 ... ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Univeral applications open/close after fresh install of 1909 ... ?: Hi to everyone. Hoping someone can help me. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 after having read about how "great" (and "stable") this update was, etc. Thing is, almost all of my universal applications open/close automatically. The only things that work are...
  10. cant install any program off the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant install any program off the internet: so i reinstalled windows 10 pro fresh and now i cant install any program of the internet. i tryed everything but it doesnt work. it always said that 'cant connect to download center' if u find anything that can fix this problem i apreciate. update: i remembered that i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install programs after fresh windows install

2. cant use programs after new windows installation

3. windows 10 1909 cannot install any software