Windows 10: Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go

Discus and support Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings,I was updating my Windows 2 Go USB drive with newer versions of Windows 10. I tried to install an application and the Windows Store pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Words1957, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Words1957 Win User

Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go

Greetings,I was updating my Windows 2 Go USB drive with newer versions of Windows 10. I tried to install an application and the Windows Store pops up instead. I have tried updating the store but it doesn't seems to do anything. My version is Windows 10 Pro and it is activated. As I said I am trying to update the version of Windows 10 on my USB as it is out of date. Could this have something to do with it?

:)

Words1957, Oct 12, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 12, 2021
  3. can,t install apps from outside of store

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are facing issue while installing programs outside the store.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What happens when you try to install the apps?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular app?
    • Do you get any error message/ error code while installing the apps?

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run Program Compatibility troubleshooter:

Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.

a) Press Windows key + X key and select Control Panel.

b)Select“Troubleshooting”

c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on
    “View All” on the left pane.

d) Click on Program Compatibility troubleshooter”.

e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on
    “Run as Administrator”.

f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: Try to install the apps in clean boot state:

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

Refer: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go

1. Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go - Similar Threads - Can't install outside

2. Can't install any apps outside the app store on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any apps outside the app store on Windows 11 Home: I tried sending my client an executable to install Splashtop on her computer but it will not allow any installations outside of what's on the Microsoft Store. We try overrriding this and there doesn't seem to be any option to running the file. The window that does open up,...
  3. Can't install any apps outside the app store on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install any apps outside the app store on Windows 11 Home: I tried sending my client an executable to install Splashtop on her computer but it will not allow any installations outside of what's on the Microsoft Store. We try overrriding this and there doesn't seem to be any option to running the file. The window that does open up,...
  4. Why can't I get apps outside of the windows app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get apps outside of the windows app store?: Hello,I am running Windows 11 Home. I can't get apps outside of the Windows Store. How do I select the option to allow apps from anywhere? There isn't a apps and features option anymore. I want to download an app from the google store, but can't. I want to use the...
  5. Why can't I get apps outside of the windows app store?

Why can't I get apps outside of the windows app store?: Hello,I am running Windows 11 Home. I can't get apps outside of the Windows Store. How do I select the option to allow apps from anywhere? There isn't a apps and features option anymore. I want to download an app from the google store, but can't. I want to use the...
  6. Surface Go 2 Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go 2 Windows Installation: I have done a reset on my Surface Go 2 but the windows update is stuck at 64%. It keeps re starting at this point. Any help will be appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-2-windows-installation/be4be299-fd06-4a1c-addb-4553a9e52c4e
  7. Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go: Greetings,I was updating my Windows 2 Go USB drive with newer versions of Windows 10. I tried to install an application and the Windows Store pops up instead. I have tried updating the store but it doesn't seems to do anything. My version is Windows 10 Pro and it is...
  8. Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go

Can't install outside apps on Windows 2 Go: Greetings,I was updating my Windows 2 Go USB drive with newer versions of Windows 10. I tried to install an application and the Windows Store pops up instead. I have tried updating the store but it doesn't seems to do anything. My version is Windows 10 Pro and it is...
  9. Unable to install apps outside of app store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install apps outside of app store: Logged into this computer as admin with a win10 pro activation, unable to install from outside appstore. The computer is NOT in S mode, none of these fixes are available >>>> This can not be done, the option is greyed out and unchangable. “Open Settings” link or head...
  10. install apps outside microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    install apps outside microsoft store: Dear Sir, I've tried many times to install some apps outside the Microsoft store, but it has really difficult to me. I've read some instruction just like this setting/apps & features/For developers but this windows setting doesn't have this option For developers, Please I...