Windows 10: Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10

Discus and support Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Laserjet MFP M127fn. Prior to complete rebuild of pc this printer ran fine under Win 10. Rebuild the pc, completely updated Win 10, and now every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveTully, Jun 30, 2019.

1. DaveTully Win User

Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10

HP Laserjet MFP M127fn. Prior to complete rebuild of pc this printer ran fine under Win 10. Rebuild the pc, completely updated Win 10, and now every time I try and install the printer I get the error "A problem occurred while preparing to install software to your system. Please restart......"

It does install the Microsoft driver and prints, but this does not install the scanning software portion that the full HP software installation will.

I have going into Print Server Properties and removed the current Microsoft driver to no avail.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. My friends business needs the scanning capability.

Thanks

Dave

:)

DaveTully, Jun 30, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10 :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Win 10 doesn't recognize my HP 8600 printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10

Following Win 10 Update (1803): Unable to print (Printer offline message).

Printer Samsung ML2950 Series.

I have followed all the suggestions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027397/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

None of them fix the problem.

The printer is working fine. Another WIN 10 computer on the network is able to print to the printer without issue.

Latest updates:

• WIN 10 1803

and

• Security Update for Adobe Flash for Win 10 1803 KB4338832

I uninstalled KB4338832 and the problem persists, so I presume that the problem is with the 1803 update (as that took around 2 hours to install, I'm reluctant to uninstall it to test it).

Gary Allman, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10

1. Can't install printer after rebuild of Win 10 - Similar Threads - Can't install printer

2. Can't stop printer install in Win XP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't stop printer install in Win XP: I have a Windows XP virtual machine vmware. Whenever I boot the VM, it tries to add a printer. I have tried adding a non-existent printer, a generic text printer and everything under the sun. It will not add the printer and it will not stop asking me to add the printer. This...
  3. Can't stop printer install in Win XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't stop printer install in Win XP: I have a Windows XP virtual machine vmware. Whenever I boot the VM, it tries to add a printer. I have tried adding a non-existent printer, a generic text printer and everything under the sun. It will not add the printer and it will not stop asking me to add the printer. This...
  4. Can't Install Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Win 10: Greetings. My desktop O/S is Win 10 in a Inspiron 546 The operating system is installed via digital license from Microsoft. At about the same time, I created a USB drive , following the instructions given by Microsoft and used it to successfully install Win 10 on my wife's...
  5. Can't Install Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install Win 10: Greetings. My desktop O/S is Win 10 in a Inspiron 546 The operating system is installed via digital license from Microsoft. At about the same time, I created a USB drive , following the instructions given by Microsoft and used it to successfully install Win 10 on my wife's...
  6. Can't Install Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. installing an old printer on win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing an old printer on win 10: Hi, I want to install a canon laser shot lbp1120 printer on my pc with win 10 but actually can't find a driver for that, how should I do, its any way to install it?...
  8. Can't install HP printer driver in Win 10 64

Can't install HP printer driver in Win 10 64: I've uninstalled everything HP I can find on my PC and keep getting the same error message see below Any help would be most welcome folks. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. can't install printer with windows 10

can't install printer with windows 10: I have a problem with installing a printer canon mg3600. During the installation from the canon cd, the installation stops with an error that "Windows print spooler is stopped". Upon review of services it show that the print spooler is running. Tried to stop and start the...
  10. Win 10 Home 1803 can't install printer drivers for network printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home 1803 can't install printer drivers for network printer: So, the subject pretty much sums up the issue, I have a new Lenovo laptop that won't install a network printer. (Ricoh AP3800C) Yes, it's an old printer that is end of Life from Ricoh, but they released drivers that are still working for every other Win 10 machine I have, and...