Windows 10: Can't install programs from "Unknown"?

Discus and support Can't install programs from "Unknown"? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been trying to install a program that I know for certain is safe - however I am getting completely blocked out of it by Windows, and it's telling... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ItsNep, Dec 15, 2020.

1. ItsNep Win User

Can't install programs from "Unknown"?

I've been trying to install a program that I know for certain is safe - however I am getting completely blocked out of it by Windows, and it's telling me to "contact an administrator". I am an admin on the account, I checked. I also even went as far as to make a new account that's an administrator to try and run the program. It's my own damn personal computer. I have never had this issue in the past, all that would happen was a warning and the option to run anyway popped up. Now, I even get a little watermark at the bottom of installers saying "this file does not have a valid digital signature". I'm not a toddler. I know how to use a computer and how to tell whether a file is safe or not. I'm even running Windows 10 Pro, which, one would assume it wouldn't coddle you in this fashion. I've even gone as far as to disable features of Windows Defender, and it still completely blocks my file from running. What the hell is going on?

:)

ItsNep, Dec 15, 2020
  2. soletsky Win User

unlock sim t-mobile lumia 521

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a prepaid phone --- no contract. As I said T-Mobile lists the number under an unknown carrier and suggested I contact Microsoft.

soletsky, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Can't install programs from "Unknown"?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't install programs from "Unknown"?

1. Can't install programs from "Unknown"? - Similar Threads - Can't install programs

2. Unknown program running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown program running: Ok so I just booted up my PC and opened task manager to close some programs I don't need now and I saw this thing running and have no idea what it is since I can't find anything about it....
  3. Unknown Startup Program

Unknown Startup Program: I separated from an abusive partner against whom I have a restraining order. While we were together, he surveilled me and I am concerned that his has continued into the present. I am trying to look through my phone and computer for unknown and hidden programs. There is a...
  4. Can't Install Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Install Programs: I'm having a problem installing random games downloaded from the web that have their own installer. The installer prompts but then seems to auto quit instead of actually installing. Currently using Windows 10 2004. I've tried lots of settings adjustment based on a Google...
  5. Unknown programs

Unknown programs: For past few days, after I installed and uninstalled some softwares, I've been constantly seeing these unknown executables in the task manager- [ATTACH] I've scanned through each and every hidden and unhidden directory of my pc and deleted all of the junk, but the above...
  6. unknown program

unknown program: what is SearchResults.exe ? Kaspersky is telling me I have 11 objects which require my decision for deletion. SearchResults.exe is one of them. However, SearchResults.exe is not in Add/Remove Programs, and a search did not bring up the program. Thanks, Rudy...
  7. Can't Install Program from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install Program from Microsoft Store: Background: I have 2 PCs, one desktop and one laptop. Both are using the same Microsoft Account and both are running the latest version of Windows 10. I was trying to install an app/program (Virtual Tablet) on my laptop using the Microsoft Store however the app wouldn't...
  8. Unknown startup program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown startup program: I found a startup program named 1M3bia does anyone know what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-startup-program/097de273-c656-41b9-a91f-d46cd8976fc5"
  9. Unknown program file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown program file: Hi, I have found a file amongst my Program Files and I have no idea of what it is. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit on a HP Pavillion 500 series PC Model No. 500-081ea. The file is labelled as NzBiOWU5NDYy Does anybody know what it is/does and can I delete it? I have...
  10. can't install a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't install a program: Hi guys. I recently formated my copmuter. reinstalled windows and office, etc. i downloaded the drivers for the computer at the office from ehre: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl8690cdw_eu_as download goes well. And it extracts...