Windows 10: Cant install realtek drivers, now headphone mic not being detected

Discus and support Cant install realtek drivers, now headphone mic not being detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RomStaR_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RomStaR_, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Cant install realtek drivers, now headphone mic not being detected

/u/RomStaR_, Apr 27, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio

Hi chaosagency! Welcome to Tenforums.

Try to unplug mic cable and plug it back. Drivers should ask what device a re you using. Try different connection, that works sometimes.

Check that you haven't muted the mic.. and what says the recording tab in sounds?

Cant install realtek drivers, now headphone mic not being detected [​IMG]

AndreTen, Apr 27, 2020
  3. headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Cant install realtek drivers, now headphone mic not being detected

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Cant install realtek drivers, now headphone mic not being detected

1. Cant install realtek drivers, now headphone mic not being detected - Similar Threads - Cant install realtek

2. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  3. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  4. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset/Headphone mic not being detected

Headset/Headphone mic not being detected: Hi, I have had this problem for a while: When I plug in my headphone my laptop never detects it as a headphone in fact, doesn't detect it at all, but the sound works just fine, and the mic does not. I've tried using two different functional headphones but both have the same...
  6. Realtek drivers headphones detection problem.

Realtek drivers headphones detection problem.: From past some days my headphone are acting strange. when i disconnect and reconnect them they dont get recoginzed. but if reboot the system they work fine until disconnet them and in task bar and sound panel there is no headphone device only realtek speaker is visible. as...
  7. Help with headphone mic not being detected?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with headphone mic not being detected?: So I have Sennheiser HD 598 CS headphones that I use with my win10 pc. Back in Feb, I accidentally broke my headphone cable and bought a replacement. I didn't try to use the headset on my computer again until around July. While trying to join a work meeting, I realized the...
  8. Realtek audio drivers are not being detected as a driver

Realtek audio drivers are not being detected as a driver: i recently updated to windows 10 2004 and had no problems for the first 15 days. After that i started to experience crashes for even the smallest task, soon my audio drivers started to crash and a restart would help to get it working again. But after it crashed yesterday it...
  9. Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio

Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio: Okay, so I've been working on this for roughly two hours, searching google as well as looking through the various settings, and I can't seem to find the problem. A few weeks ago, everything worked perfectly, clean and crisp sounds, the works. But today I decided to login and...
  10. realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in

realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in: I have a dell laptop and after a windows 10 update, realtek is not detecting my headphones when plugged in. Before, I would receive a notification saying that a device was plugged in. Now nothing is showing up and no sound is coming from the headphones; only from the speakers...