Windows 10: Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive

Discus and support Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just build a new system and was looking forward to finishing it off by installing Win10 to the M2 drive. It's a completely new ADATA 960GB drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David H Jiang, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive

Hi, I just build a new system and was looking forward to finishing it off by installing Win10 to the M2 drive. It's a completely new ADATA 960GB drive with factory settings (only drive attached). ASUS ROG X470-1 Mobo, 16G G.Skill RAM. The ADATA drive shows up fine in POST and Im able to select the USB to boot in UEFI mode. The USB was purchased from a Microsoft retail shop, and comes on a 16G USB in FAT32.

However, every time the installation BSODs with stop code 0xc000021a after selecting with version of win10 to install (64 or 32). After googling, this seems to be a common problem many has encountered when installing one drives and Ive tried all recommended solutions without any luck, this includes:

Disabling CSM

Disabling Secureboot and enabling it, trying both Other OS and Windows UEFI

Clearing security keys and loading default ones

Booting both in UEFI and legacy modes

Nothing seems to work, and I do not have access to a computer to download and create a new USB drive.

Any suggestions on what to do?

/David

:)

David H Jiang, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Phats0 Win User

upgraded Win7 retail to Win10. HOW do I install this license on NEW HARDWARE?

I've upgraded my PC to WIN10 from Win7 with a retail(non-OEM) license.

What are the steps i need to take to
    install and activate that license on a NEW PC?

Phats0, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive

little cat, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive

1. Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive - Similar Threads - Cant install retail

2. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  3. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  4. New m2 nvme drive not initializing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New m2 nvme drive not initializing: Just bought a Samsung 980 m2 nvme drive. As an extra drive. I installed it into my computer and when I started it up nothing showed. I opened disk management and it’s shows with no size only “disc 0” and “unknown” “not initialized” when I try to initialize it gives me error...
  5. New m2 nvme drive not initializing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New m2 nvme drive not initializing: Just bought a Samsung 980 m2 nvme drive. As an extra drive. I installed it into my computer and when I started it up nothing showed. I opened disk management and it’s shows with no size only “disc 0” and “unknown” “not initialized” when I try to initialize it gives me error...
  6. New m2 nvme drive not initializing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Installing win10 on m2 and battery problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing win10 on m2 and battery problem: Hi guys, I got a new Samsung 500gb m2 for my legion y530 , I was reading the steps of downloading win10 that I should unplug hdd and download the windows on m2 and then plug the hdd again and that was clear .... but some say that I should unplug the battery first before...
  8. Win10 install problem on m2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 install problem on m2: I bought a 970 evo m2 ssd and really cant install the w10 op on it. I followed these steps. Unplugged the other ssd. Enter the bios. Csm -> disable Secure boot -> other os Key management -> clear Plug usb and install win10. After reboot I entered the bios again. Secure boot...
  9. Transferring Win10 retail to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Win10 retail to new PC: I plan on buying a retail copy of Win10 before the new year but I also plan to build a new PC before the end of 2020. The copy I'm looking at says retail 1PC and I'm pretty sure it just means one at a time. Just want to be sure that when I build my new PC I can still...
  10. Retail Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retail Win10: My free upgrade will not work no matter what I try. It always gives me the same message. "........cannot be installed on USB flash drive." Of course, I do not have a drive attached to USB. So, I don't know what is generating this error. If I bite-the-bullet and buy a retail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing windows on a new m2 drive