Windows 10: Can't install Skhynix NVME Toolbox SSD firmware

Discus and support Can't install Skhynix NVME Toolbox SSD firmware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Hewlett Packard laptop. I installed a Skhynix driver, but when I clicked to update the firmware I get the message: ACTIVATE ERROR: The request... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShadowLad, Jan 19, 2021.

1. ShadowLad Win User

Can't install Skhynix NVME Toolbox SSD firmware

I have a Hewlett Packard laptop. I installed a Skhynix driver, but when I clicked to update the firmware I get the message: ACTIVATE ERROR: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error 0x45d.

:)

ShadowLad, Jan 19, 2021

2. Windows refuses to install on NVME SSD (Samsung 960 EVO)

First, thanks everyone who copy-pasted the first relevant results they found in Google. I found those before I asked the question.

The solution that I got to work is as follows:

• Disable CSM / UEFI
    • Enable Secure Boot
    • Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
      • Format the drive
      • Restart the machine

• Enable CSM / UEFI

• Disable Secure Boot

• Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

MikeIsMike, Jan 19, 2021
  3. NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Jan 19, 2021
  4. shminkie Win User

M2 NVME SSD

So you think it truly is worth it to have windows installed on an M2 NVME SSD instead of installing it on a sata-600 ssd and installing your most important software on the M2 NVME SSD ?

shminkie, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't install Skhynix NVME Toolbox SSD firmware - Similar Threads - Can't install Skhynix

2. Can't Secure Boot with a SSD Nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Secure Boot with a SSD Nvme: Hi, I'm trying to enable secure boot in my PC, but every time I've tried, it freezes at the start screen of the Motherboard, I have a SSD M.2 Nvme 500gb Samsung, Aorus B635M Elite and a I5 9400f, I've already tried some things, like setup the SSD in GTP mode, an all my others...
  3. Can't Secure Boot with a SSD Nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Secure Boot with a SSD Nvme: Hi, I'm trying to enable secure boot in my PC, but every time I've tried, it freezes at the start screen of the Motherboard, I have a SSD M.2 Nvme 500gb Samsung, Aorus B635M Elite and a I5 9400f, I've already tried some things, like setup the SSD in GTP mode, an all my others...
  4. Windows installer does not detect nvme or ssd

Windows installer does not detect nvme or ssd: hey you all, couple of weeks I've been working with windows to resolve a requirement but that has been a nightmare. Ok, here we go, My computer is an Amd ryzen series 5000, with b550 Aorus Elite Ax V2 32gb ram and 1gb gpu, and PNY ssd and nvme corsair neither are detected...
  5. Windows installer does not detect nvme or ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows installer does not detect nvme or ssd: hey you all, couple of weeks I've been working with windows to resolve a requirement but that has been a nightmare. Ok, here we go, My computer is an Amd ryzen series 5000, with b550 Aorus Elite Ax V2 32gb ram and 1gb gpu, and PNY ssd and nvme corsair neither are detected...
  6. Installation of Windows on NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Windows on NVME SSD: I have a Inspiron 5570 and need to install Windows 10 on NVME SSD disk. I managed to installed once however on booting was getting 2 options existing HDD & SSD. Screwed around wih BIOS so may not be correct. Renamed Windows on HDD as Windows_old so won't reboot with HDD....
  7. Can't install windows on GPT drive problem. (SSD SATA and NVMe)

Can't install windows on GPT drive problem. (SSD SATA and NVMe): Hi, I just recently bought PC parts and upgraded my PC. From my current i7-4770k to a Ryzen 5 3600. At first installation was ok, installed it no problem. Installation was conducted with a USB boot drive (Installed Win 10 Enterprise). I installed it on the NVMe drive with my...
  8. Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD

Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD: My system specs are as follows: Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.778 I'd like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my laptop, which has an Intel NVMe SSD installed as its only drive. On an HDD, I'd simply use Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) or a similar...
  9. NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME SSD: Do all versions of Windows 10, including business (Volume license), have built in NVme drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-ssd/4df34df6-e834-425b-b1c1-716012fe31a6
  10. Intel SSD Toolbox 3.5.4.401

Intel SSD Toolbox 3.5.4.401: Updated from 3.5.4.400 Yay! *Tongue Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=80096 118208

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skhynix nvme toolbox