Windows 10: Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator

Discus and support Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have this issue where I can't install some software. A dialog box appears which says "This app has been blocked for your protection." Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Barun S., May 11, 2020.

1. Barun S. Win User

Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator

Hello,

I have this issue where I can't install some software. A dialog box appears which says "This app has been blocked for your protection."

Even though my user account is adminstrator, I can't un block this software.

PLease help

:)

Barun S., May 11, 2020
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, May 11, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator - Similar Threads - Can't Install software

2. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  3. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator: When I try to install something or just move something from the local disk c, a warning appears saying that I do not have access and I need to contact the administrator even though I am the administrator, after changing the profile settings to have access to that disk but it...
  4. I don't have administrator access on my computer even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  6. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  7. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

8. Cannot install a program from a disc without administrator permission even though I'm the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot install a program from a disc without administrator permission even though I'm the...: Like the question says: I'm trying to install a brand new program onto my laptop Windows 10. When I try to run the setup.exe it pops up saying I can't do it without administrator permission... I amthe administrator. So I did some digging and found out how to go in and...
  9. won't let me delete stuff without administrator access even though I'm the administrator

won't let me delete stuff without administrator access even though I'm the administrator: every time I want to delete something I can't, its all In the windows drive and I have moved it to were I want but it duplicated the file and now that I want to delete it I cant because it keeps telling me to get admin permission but I am the admin...
  10. Can't run apps or programmes as administrator even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run apps or programmes as administrator even though I'm an administrator: I can't run any apps as administrator. I right click and press ''run as administrator'' but literally nothing happens. this happens for every app. I am on an administrative account. I can still do other administrative actions such as deleting important files and changing...