Windows 10: Can't Install SSU, No Explanation (October 8th 1803)

Discus and support Can't Install SSU, No Explanation (October 8th 1803) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I already had to reinstall Windows after one of your recent updates ruined the operating system and Windows refused to boot, now I'm trying to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jachup, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Jachup Win User

Can't Install SSU, No Explanation (October 8th 1803)

I already had to reinstall Windows after one of your recent updates ruined the operating system and Windows refused to boot, now I'm trying to install the SSU that you urged me to before any other updates, and it simply tells me it wasn't installed every single time. No explanation as to why and I can't seem to figure out how to check if it was somehow already installed. It sure isn't listed in my update history.

:)

Jachup, Oct 10, 2019
  2. D.I.V. Win User

September 2019 servicing stack update (SSU) error "You need to provide Administrator permission" [KB4512938]

With regard to the two enumerated errors:

1. The recommendation to install SSU's before any other updates is because the SSU is designed to update
      the updating software itself. However, experience with the July SSU suggests that it is usually not detrimental to install an SSU after other updates that were (later) recommended to have been installed after the SSU.

Do not bother to uninstall any regular updates before installing the SSU:
      if the other, regular updates were already correctly installed, then reinstalling them again after the SSU has been installed should not produce a different effect.
    2. Based on experience with the July SSU, although installation with the usual Windows Update tool doesn't work the way it's supposed to, installation should still be possible using the

Microsoft Update Catalog
      — in which case the user must be careful to manually select the appropriate download for their Windows version.

D.I.V., Oct 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Can't Install SSU, No Explanation (October 8th 1803)

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Can't Install SSU, No Explanation (October 8th 1803)

1. Can't Install SSU, No Explanation (October 8th 1803) - Similar Threads - Can't Install SSU

2. Windows 11 SSU 22000.469

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SSU 22000.469: Where can I get the .msu package for Windows 11 Servicing Stack Update 22000.469? I want the SSU separately, not bundled with a cumulative update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-ssu-22000469/bd836611-e5fd-479d-a7d0-fd873024877a
  3. Problems after installing SSU 10.0.19041.985

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after installing SSU 10.0.19041.985: I lost the start menu and settings after the installation of SSU 10.0.19041.985. Can hit the key then get Critical Error message to re-sign in but that action does nothing. Also cannot get the settings menu to come up. It flashes and vanishes. Cannot see notification either....
  4. windows 10 ssu download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 ssu download: All over my devices says down load ssu before installing window 10 update. were do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-ssu-download/d8c1d78d-e4c9-4a0d-8367-a9b7c226754b"
  5. Current Servicing stack update (SSU) can not be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Current Servicing stack update (SSU) can not be installed: I understand the KB4070788 is needed to install Windows 10 1809 update. How ever when I try to install it I get an error message that says "Windows Update Standalone Installer - The update is not applicable to your computer." Is there a fix? Am using the correct...
  6. Can't open Settings after installing The October Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Settings after installing The October Update: Uploaded The October Update 1809. Pressed on the Reset button(which is near the Power button). The Update was installed, but The Settings are broken. It starts & crashes without any message. Also The Notification bar buttons aren't clickable....
  7. Can't open Settings after installing The October Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Settings after installing The October Update: Uploaded The October Update 1809. Pressed on the Reset button(which is near the Power button). The Update was installed, but The Settings are broken. It starts & crashes without any message. Also The Notification bar buttons aren't clickable....
  8. Windows 10 October Update 1803

Windows 10 October Update 1803: Update successfully downloaded on my laptop, however the download was extremely slow and took over 12 hours to finalize, which, in my opinion was totally unacceptable. Left the download running all night....
  9. installation is stuck, explanation is too complex

installation is stuck, explanation is too complex: Try following these steps: Click Start, Run, type: cmd. Right click the Program Menu entry that appear and select “Run as Administrator”. Press Enter. Run the following command in the opened window: Net stop WuAuServ Wait for the process to finish. Click Start, Run,...
  10. Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th

in Windows 10 News
    Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th: JrOb84MetfQ Newest Processors Deliver Premium Performance, with a Boost in Frame Rate of up to 25% Gen over Gen NEWS HIGHLIGHTS New 8th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors and Intel® Z370 chipset are perfect for gamers, content creators and overclockers with a range...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cantinstall ssu update