Windows 10: Cant install update because of VirtualBox

Discus and support Cant install update because of VirtualBox in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cant update my computer because it says I need to uninstall VirtualBox. I have searched in programs, nothing. I have done all the suggested searches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MattBinky, Mar 7, 2021.

1. MattBinky Win User

Cant install update because of VirtualBox

I cant update my computer because it says I need to uninstall VirtualBox. I have searched in programs, nothing. I have done all the suggested searches online thru my registry and I have none of the folders related to it at all, so I cant update. I have tried restarting, still nothing. Please help

:)

MattBinky, Mar 7, 2021
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Cant install update because of VirtualBox DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Mar 7, 2021
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Mar 7, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cant install update because of VirtualBox :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Cant install update because of VirtualBox - Similar Threads - Cant install update

2. windows 11 cant be installed because VM Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 cant be installed because VM Virtualbox: I cant install windows 11 ist says that i have to delete VM Virtualbox but i already did it. I also tried to install und delete ist again but ist the same problem.The picture is in german but it says that i have to delete it manual because its not compatible with windows 11....
  3. windows 11 cant be installed because VM Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 cant be installed because VM Virtualbox: I cant install windows 11 ist says that i have to delete VM Virtualbox but i already did it. I also tried to install und delete ist again but ist the same problem.The picture is in german but it says that i have to delete it manual because its not compatible with windows 11....
  4. Cannot install latest Windows Updates because of VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install latest Windows Updates because of VirtualBox: I don't have any emulators. I dont have virtualbox on my pc. Please help, what can i do to install the latest updates? This is driving me crazy because i cant find anything related to virtualbox. Please suggest something...
  5. I can't install windows 10 because of VirtualBox.

I can't install windows 10 because of VirtualBox.: Hi everyone I'm having a problem while trying to install the windows 10 setup. I have read a few questions/discussions in this website about this problem but I still have no idea how do I get rid of the app,and I also know that there are some programs that may use VirtualBox...
  6. Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox

Windows 10 Update 20H2 Won't update because of VirtualBox: So i've been trying to update my laptop for a few months now, and every time I try to update once the system is checking that everything is "ready" to continue with the installation, the installation stops, giving me this message "What needs your attention... VirtualBox...
  7. Cant install feature update because i cant delete virtualbox

Cant install feature update because i cant delete virtualbox: so i have uninstalled ldplayer which was my emulator and have also deleted the file it was located and by opening task mangager i found virtualbox in another file location and deleted it and the file it was located in but whenever i try to install the feature update it says i...
  8. Cant uninstall VirtualBox

Cant uninstall VirtualBox: I'm trying to update my Windows and there is the VirtualBox that I need to uninstall but I could not find it and I have researched many solutions but none of them works out. Any Help will be appreciated [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Cant update due to virtualbox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant update due to virtualbox: [ATTACH] Uninstall this app now because it isnt compatable of windows 10 submitted by /u/TheHippyKing [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7205p/cant_update_due_to_virtualbox/
  10. Cant Update Windows 10 - Erro VirtualBox

Cant Update Windows 10 - Erro VirtualBox: Good Morning, first let me say sorry that my screenshot is in portuguese my native language, my problem is, i cant update windows 10 cause says i need to uninstall VirtualBox that i had uninstalled, so i dont know what else to do. Thanks already [ATTACH]...