Windows 10: Can't install/update nvidia drivers

Discus and support Can't install/update nvidia drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, so i own an Asus scar II gaming laptop i7 8750H 32gb ram 2070 rtx, been 2 years i got this bad boy and today i can't update nvidia driver, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lunakepio, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Can't install/update nvidia drivers

Hello, so i own an Asus scar II gaming laptop i7 8750H 32gb ram 2070 rtx, been 2 years i got this bad boy and today i can't update nvidia driver, i used ddu, doesn't work, tried no failure mode doesn't work, i tried nvidia cleanstall doesn't work, so i went as far as entirely deleting my windows 10 and files and cleanstalling a new windows 10....... Doesn't work, so here am i can't update my nvidia driver, after i accept the contract the updater crash.. why ?

submitted by /u/Lunakepio
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lunakepio, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) for NVidia MX250 Graphics card

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error code indicates, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". We need to reinstall the device driver manually. I suggest you to refer the steps for
    Code 28 mentioned in the article
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows
    and see if that helps.

You can try to run NVidia Auto-Detect and see if that helps you in installing the NVidia drivers. You can run NVidia Auto-Detect from
    NVidia website. You can also check for the pending updates on the computer and install them. Please refer the section
    How do I manually update my PC? from the article
    Windows Update: FAQ

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below to install the drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Right click on the NVidia driver and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Click on Browser my computer for driver software.
    4. Now, click on Let me pick from a list.
    5. Select the NVidia MX250 driver and click on
      Next.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    7. Restart the computer once the driver is installed.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 12, 2020
  3. thephpdev Win User
    NVIDIA Driver Install Fails

I managed to install the driver only, which is OK for me.

Running the setup.exe in Safe-Mode didn't work.

So, I followed these steps:

1. Restart into safe mode
    2. Open device manager
    3. Find your GPU and right-click it, then select "Update Driver Software"
    4. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
    5. Tick "Include Sub-Folders"
    6. Navigate to the directory where the NVIDIA download extracted the setup files to, and click OK.
    7. If it was successful, restart normally, and enjoy using a proper graphics driver.

thephpdev, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Fox34 Win User

Can't install/update nvidia drivers

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't install/update nvidia drivers

1. Can't install/update nvidia drivers - Similar Threads - Can't install update

2. Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update: HelloI have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming 8gb ram intel i5 9th gen , nvidia gtx 1050 I updated to windows 11 in the start of this year and since then i've been facing problems with my nvidia driver and it disappeared completely from my computer since then Like i have no GPU...
  3. Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update: HelloI have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming 8gb ram intel i5 9th gen , nvidia gtx 1050 I updated to windows 11 in the start of this year and since then i've been facing problems with my nvidia driver and it disappeared completely from my computer since then Like i have no GPU...
  4. Can't install Latest Nvidia Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't install Latest Nvidia Driver: Hi, I'm having a problem installing the latest nvidia driver (456.71) on a clean install of Windows. System specs are: Dell Precision T1600 Windows 10 x64 version 2004 (build 19041.572) All updates applied. CPU: Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.4 GHz 16 GB DDR3 RAM Nvidia GeForce...
  5. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  6. Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Nvidia driver after reset.: Hey guys, So i recently had to reformat my pc back to Base Windows 10. I've been trying to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 since my laptop doesn't have any of these installed anymore, but when I click the .exe nothing happens. At the same time, if I try to install an...
  7. Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Windows Update Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Windows Update Failure: Shawn, Et.Al.-- I'm in a bit of a 'pickle'. My Display Adapter's driver (Device Manager) is defaulting to the Microsoft default: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. That default only provides a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200 which does not accommodate my Samsung monitor...
  8. nVidia driver not installing

nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  9. Can't update nvidia drivers

Can't update nvidia drivers: Can't update nvidia drivers for graphics card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-nvidia-drivers/024229c1-520e-410d-9d0b-9f2bf365e000
  10. Can't install Nvidia Drivers after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Nvidia Drivers after Windows 10 Update: I got a brand new Surface Book 2 with the following specs: - 13,5" - Intel Core i7-8250U - 8gb RAM - 256GB SSD - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Yesterday I updated to the new Version of Windows (Windows 10 1905 183662.145), and if I now try to install the Nvidia Driver, I...