Windows 10: Can't install updates, drivers, etc. Multiple Issues...

Discus and support Can't install updates, drivers, etc. Multiple Issues... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I have gone down a huge rabbit hole in trying to fix my computer issues and just discovering more and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Birdperson93, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Can't install updates, drivers, etc. Multiple Issues...

So I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I have gone down a huge rabbit hole in trying to fix my computer issues and just discovering more and more issues. I am really hoping someone is able to help me with this, as I am not computer savvy. Happy to provide logs if you are able to provide step by step directions on how to obtain them, etc.

This is how it all started: A few days ago I noticed my graphics card AMD Radeon RX 580 was acting funny, so I attempted to update its driver. However, due to some sort of error I can't recall which one it failed to update. I then attempted to do a reinstall of my graphics card driver which involved using AMD's Cleanup Utility. Afterwards, I attempted to reinstall the driver but was met with yet another error.

I thought this may have had something to do with the fact that my Windows wasn't updated so I tried to update it via Windows Update. However, Windows Update keeps failing due to error 0x800703f1. Some other updates on Windows Updates failed due to other error codes: 0x800703e3, 0x80070012

I tried Googling some fixes, some of which involved running sfc /scannow in Command Prompt, which also ultimately fails at 70% of the Verification process, stating that Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. After googling some more fixes for this issue which did not work, I eventually settled on just trying to reset my PC. However, this also fails, as I keep getting the error message that there was a problem with resetting my PC and that no changes were made.

I have also noticed that my printer driver also no longer works and updating it/reinstalling it also produces an error in doing so.

In short, I have no idea what is happening but I'm left with a computer that 1 seemingly won't install anything properly and 2 won't recognize my graphics card because I can't install the software needed for it.

If you could please lend any sort of assistance, I would be grateful as I'm at my wits end. Thank you in advance for your time and help!

:)

Birdperson93, Feb 12, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Feb 12, 2020
  4. TC-man Win User

Can't install updates, drivers, etc. Multiple Issues...

Creative Driver issues

Hi,

there's a very recent driver update (18 Jan 2013) for the Soundblaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional. Install that first if you didn't and see if it helps.

Changelog:

TC-man, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't install updates, drivers, etc. Multiple Issues...

1. Can't install updates, drivers, etc. Multiple Issues... - Similar Threads - Can't install updates

2. Drivers not installed and can't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers not installed and can't update: I really need help, my usb devices keep saying they don't have drivers, none of my usb sticks have drivers in device manager, my HyperX headset usb lead doesn't have drivers so I can't use it on my PC and now my webcam has decided it doesn't have drivers and won't work. Tried...
  3. Drivers not installed and can't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers not installed and can't update: I really need help, my usb devices keep saying they don't have drivers, none of my usb sticks have drivers in device manager, my HyperX headset usb lead doesn't have drivers so I can't use it on my PC and now my webcam has decided it doesn't have drivers and won't work. Tried...
  4. MULTIPLE ISSUES:. 1Drives's a DISASTER ... ACCTS./ PW, ETC...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MULTIPLE ISSUES:. 1Drives's a DISASTER ... ACCTS./ PW, ETC...: EVERY day new problems [today 1 hr to find were 2 post new q.DELL LT inspiron win10 u-t-d; avast av1. Win 10. got a neuromusc issue causes un coordination. the keyboard failed b4 finding remote / onscreen kb, may've moved a lot of files / folders to various locations. A dell...
  5. Can't install windows updates and multiple crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows updates and multiple crashes: Hi everyone, I've been using this computer for over a year now and have had no problems with it. I am running windows 10. I am trying to update my computer to 1909 but it isn't happening. I get this message: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 - Error 0x800f0900...
  6. issues with drivers, can't install/uninstall devices, can't access 2nd hard drive etc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    issues with drivers, can't install/uninstall devices, can't access 2nd hard drive etc: Hey all, I've recently upgraded some of my components (MoBo, CPU) and I reinstalled W10 onto an SSD. I kept my old hard drive and also have this plugged in (this still has all the old Windows files etc. but it'sn't the boot HD), and I can't access any of the 'Users' files...
  7. Drivers won't update, explorer can't update permissions, can't disable devices etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers won't update, explorer can't update permissions, can't disable devices etc.: Hey all, I've recently upgraded some of my components MoBo, CPU and I reinstalled W10 onto an SSD. I kept my old hard drive and also have this plugged in this still has all the old Windows files etc. but it'sn't the boot HD, and I can't access any of the 'Users' files on...
  8. Can't install multiple graphics drivers

Can't install multiple graphics drivers: I have been trying to get my RX 460 and ATI 3000 graphics to both work at the same time. When I install the drivers for the ATI 3000 both monitors work, however my main monitor connected to the RX 460 uses the generic Windows Display Adapter and the Radeon Control Center...
  9. Multiple Problems With Windows 10 (Can't log on, Can't reset, etc.)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Problems With Windows 10 (Can't log on, Can't reset, etc.): I have an old laptop that is about 2 years old and I am having some issues with logging on. I reset it around this time last year and the problems started occurring about 5-6 months ago. My problems are: When I type in my password it says "preparing windows" for a little...
  10. Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?

Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?: Hello microsoft community, I got some very frustating issues with my pc and I dont know how to fix it. In the last months my pc got various types of BSOD ( most of them were Critical_Structure_Corruption, Critical_Process_Died or System_Service_Exception). I tried...