Windows 10: Can't install Visual Studio 2015.

Discus and support Can't install Visual Studio 2015. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Visual studio community 2015 throws up error and stops.. [img] The log file. dd_vs_community_20160814063743.log I have checked the sha1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shadow Delta, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Can't install Visual Studio 2015.

Visual studio community 2015 throws up error and stops..

Can't install Visual Studio 2015. [​IMG]

The log file.
    dd_vs_community_20160814063743.log

I have checked the sha1 and the image is not corrupted as the sha1 matches.

:)

Shadow Delta, Aug 13, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

visual studio

If you start uninstalling bits and pieces then some parts of the program, or older programs, may fail to work properly. Did you select all these so called extras or were they installed automatically. If the latter then you may need them?

Visual Studio 2015 System Requirements

Visual Studio 2013 System Requirements

"In Visual Studio 2015, Visual C++ is not installed by default. When installing, be sure to choose Custom installation and then choose the C++ components you require. Or, if Visual Studio is already installed, choose File | New | Project | C++ and you will
    be prompted to install the necessary components."

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

Linney, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Network drives disables after installing Visual Studio 2017

After installing Visual studio 2017. I can't access my network drives.

- The problems only occur after installing Visual studio 2017.

- There is no problems if it is Visual Studio 2015

- The user credentials ect. works fine before installation of Visual Studio 2017

- If l I logon with admin user, there is no problems

- Even though I use the users credentials to access the network

Hope that someone can help me. Thanks.

Jonas Storm Nikolajsen, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Can't install Visual Studio 2015.

Have you tried to install it again? The error seems to indicate that a file is in use.

Mystere, Aug 13, 2016
  5. I removed the "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop" folder from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC and also the tmp folder.
    The installation now is progressing. I will update the thread if it runs into any error or if that finishes installing successfully.

The issue was resolved after following the steps.
    Navigate to C:\Windows\assembly\GAC
    Delete folder Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop

Navigate to C:\Windows\assembly
    delete folder tmp

Thank you. *Smile

Shadow Delta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't install Visual Studio 2015.

1. Can't install Visual Studio 2015. - Similar Threads - Can't install Visual

2. Cannot install Visual Studio 2015

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Visual Studio 2015: I need Visual Studio 2015 at this point.So, I downloaded the install file "Visual Studio 2015 Update 3."But it says "Update 3 requires a member of the Visual Studio 2015 family to be present or is blocked by another condition on your computer."I don't understand what it...
  3. Cannot install Visual Studio 2015

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Visual Studio 2015: I need Visual Studio 2015 at this point.So, I downloaded the install file "Visual Studio 2015 Update 3."But it says "Update 3 requires a member of the Visual Studio 2015 family to be present or is blocked by another condition on your computer."I don't understand what it...
  4. Cannot install Visual Studio 2015

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Visual Studio 2015 Installation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2015 Installation issue: Helloi have intended to install vs 2015 with update 3 on my laptop, but i am getting an error and could not solve it myself.i have installed it on another device and everything is fine, OS of this Device is windows 8.1,The laptop OS is 10.The error :Visual Studio Core...
  6. Visual Studio 2015 Installation issue

Visual Studio 2015 Installation issue: Helloi have intended to install vs 2015 with update 3 on my laptop, but i am getting an error and could not solve it myself.i have installed it on another device and everything is fine, OS of this Device is windows 8.1,The laptop OS is 10.The error :Visual Studio Core...
  7. Visual Studio 2015 Installation issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't Unpin Visual Studio 2015 from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Unpin Visual Studio 2015 from Taskbar: Alright. I've been a good little boy and I have tried to google for my issue prior to coming to the MS community once again. I installed VS 2015, did NOT uninstall it but used it in conjunction with VS 2017. I no longer needed either version because what I need 2015 for was...
  9. I can't install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" . Help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" . Help.: [ATTACH] As can be seen from the image, I can't install it. I tried 64x and 86x same, restart didn't change this, neither did administrator. It's very inconvenient as I've had some issues with games lately and I thought maybe this could fix it. Any help on how I can...
  10. Visual Studio 2015 Stuttering

Visual Studio 2015 Stuttering: Visual Studio 2015 stutters on my computer in the sense that everything freezes up for like 2-3 secs before returning to normal. (Even the blinking typing thing freezes in a solid line) The only other software which I encounter this is ezvid video editor. I'm guessing...