Windows 10: Can't install VMware Player 16

Discus and support Can't install VMware Player 16 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; v2004 I've been using VMware Player 12 for many years, decided to upgrade to 16, this is what I get when trying to install: [img] And yes I did run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by rboppy, Nov 13, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

Can't install VMware Player 16

v2004

I've been using VMware Player 12 for many years, decided to upgrade to 16, this is what I get when trying to install:
    Can't install VMware Player 16 [​IMG]

And yes I did run the installer as administrator. So I cancelled, the installer backed out and erased vmplayer 12 in the process.

Any ideas?

:)

rboppy, Nov 13, 2020
  2. freebie Win User

VMware Player Problem

I'm trying to run VMware player on my machine to have a play with the new WHS 2011 software, but when i try and install it says ...

Can't install VMware Player 16 64bit.jpg

So I thought i'd try windows 7 x64 same version as on my machine, same problem. had a look in bios like a friend suggested for a virtualisation setting but can't find one, Any ideas??

freebie, Nov 13, 2020
  3. mei-das Win User
    vmware installation

Hi, I have attempted to install VMware Player 6.0 on my Windows 10 device, but received a notification that the app was blocked from Win' 10. Any suggestions?

mei-das, Nov 13, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

f14tomcat, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't install VMware Player 16 - Similar Threads - Can't install VMware

2. Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro: This program was working perfectly fine a few months ago and after updating Windows 10 now is not working. What is the problem? Is there going to be a Fix soon?...
  3. New VMWare Player 16.1.0

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New VMWare Player 16.1.0: New VMWare Player released. 16.1.0 *Arrow VMware Maintenance Highlights and fixes. *Arrow VMware Workstation 16.1.0 Pro Release Notes [img] 168788
  4. VMware Player not compatible

VMware Player not compatible: Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup: [img] Works fine in 1903 167921
  5. Bridging networks in VMware Pro 16

Bridging networks in VMware Pro 16: So basically what I want to do is to have 2 internet connections available, 1st one being for example my mobile network connection, and second one my cable network connection that is connected to my router. I want the mobile network to be connected on the PC, and cable...
  6. New VMWare Workstaton PLayer 16

New VMWare Workstaton PLayer 16: [img] Windows VM | Workstation Pro | VMware 164534
  7. VMware Player 12 crash

VMware Player 12 crash: So I decided to dig out some old operating system install disks to play with on my PC. However, when the OS install requires a reboot, the VM breaks and gives endless C++ runtime errors indicating something in regards to "pure functions", no error number visible on screen. To...
  8. VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10

VMware Player did not install correctly on Windows 10: After downloading VMware player 2.5.5-328052 yesterday & during the install phase my screen turned blue with a message "something went wrong with your PC & needs to restart" (close wording to that). After restarting VMware player is not listed in Programs & Features in...
  9. VMWare Player - install as W8 or install later?

VMWare Player - install as W8 or install later?: I have W10 Eng 32 bit and latest VMPlayer. I tried installling as W8. It works but vmware tools are messed up. I have other vms with tools already installed. It seems to detect them after I get W10 desktop. Also it never asks me for the product ID. Are you guys installing...
  10. Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player: How to: Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player How to Install Windows 10 as Virtual Machine in VMware Player [img] Information VMware Player is a free desktop application that lets you run a virtual machine on a Windows or Linux PC. This tutorial...