Windows 10: Can't Install Win10 Pro / 64 bit from Microsoft download page

Discus and support Can't Install Win10 Pro / 64 bit from Microsoft download page in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ... I tried to create a bootable flash drive for 64 bit from the Microsoft site. I used 3 different USB drives and even tried a DVD. I ran the media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by T Rush, May 4, 2020.

1. T Rush Win User

Can't Install Win10 Pro / 64 bit from Microsoft download page

... I tried to create a bootable flash drive for 64 bit from the Microsoft site. I used 3 different USB drives and even tried a DVD. I ran the media create process multiple times off both 32 bit and new 64 bit machines. The USB just doesn’t boot on any OS I have. Instead, I get a blank screen. However; the 32 bit version does boot and install without issue. This is not an issue with an older PC. I have 2 brand new PCs running full 64bit Win-10 Pro that won't boot from the USB & DVD created from the Microsoft website installation process. I've wasted 4 hours of my life with this junk. This may be my last Microsoft PC.

HELP!

Frustrated

:)

T Rush, May 4, 2020

2. Win10 32 bit migration to 64 bit

I have an HP 6200 Pro running perfectly with a fully updated and activated license for Win10 Pro 32 bit. I am contemplating a migration to 64 bit Win10 Pro and have downloaded a 64 bit ISO file on a USB drive which is bootable right now. A 9/15/2015
    Post on "Groovypost.com" says that on a UEFI based PC (as mine is), the USB drive must be made bootable with a utility such as "Rufus" making sure to format it in FAT32 and using the GPT Partitioning scheme. If the USB drive is already bootable, why would
    this be suggested?

Just how it is for UEFI.. Can't Install Win10 Pro / 64 bit from Microsoft download page :)

Also, MS' directions says that a product key will NOT be required if upgrading (in my case migrating) from an activated copy of Win10. Is this correct and if so, where does the new SW pick up the old activation digital entitlement - from the in place
    activated copy of Win10 32 bit?

The computer configuration is known to Microsoft, and when 64-bit is installed, it takes note and activates automatically. All you have to do is skip the part where you are asked to enter a key code..

Mike Hall... always, May 4, 2020
  3. Win7 Pro Upgrade 32 to Win10 Pro 64

Hello,

I have a PC which originally had Win Vista Business 32-bit, upgraded to Win7 Professional 32-bit, then did a clean install to Win10 Pro 64-bit using the installation media provided on Microsoft's website. I was unable to use my 32-bit keys to activate Win10
    Pro 64-bit. After some research, it seems I needed to upgrade from Win7 Professional 32-bit to Win10 Pro 32-bit using Windows Update or installation media, then take that key and write it down and use it later when I do a clean install of Win10 Pro 64-bit.

Before the clean install I used a program to find my product key for Win7 Pro 32-bit and wrote it down. If I wanted Win10 Pro 64-bit it seems I'd have to do another clean install of Win7 Pro 32, upgrade to Win10 Pro 32, then clean install Win10 Pro 64. Instead
    of doing this time consuming task, is there some way I can get a key from Microsoft for Win10 Pro 64 bit, provided I have proof of my keys? The PC is currently running Win10 Pro 64-bit and is not activated.

Thanks

coaster_man, May 4, 2020
  4. Bob H Mc Win User

Migrating from Win7 Pro 32-bit to Win10 Pro 32-bit to Win10 Home 64-bit

My current computer started life with Win7 Pro 32-bit, and then I upgraded to Win10 Pro 32-bit with the free upgrade last summer. Now I'd like to switch to Win10 HOME 64-bit to take advantage of the extra memory I installed with my new mother board and CPU
    last week on which Win10 Pro 32-bit is running.

Can this change to 64-bit Win10 HOME be accomplished using the activation code from my current Win10 Pro 32-bit (essentially the activation code from Win7 Pro), or must I purchase a HOME edition?

Bob H Mc, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't Install Win10 Pro / 64 bit from Microsoft download page - Similar Threads - Can't Install Win10

2. Win10 64 bit Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64 bit Pro: System says I have V1803. My computer has had no internet for couple of years. Today I hooked up to internet and tried to upgrade to V1909. Several hours later while 94% into upgrade INSTALL, I get a message saying unable to continue, system reboots and uninstalls what had...
  3. 32bit to 64 bit win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32bit to 64 bit win10: I have a big problem , I had before 64 bit Win 10 ( with program file x 86 ) and now I have 32 bit win10 ( without program file x86) What should I do? submitted by /u/ritamagarian123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf290/32bit_to_64_bit_win10/
  4. Win10 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 32 bit to 64 bit?: I have a 32bit version of Windows 10 Home on a Tower PC. It is a self build that had an OEM version of Windows 7 initially that was subsequently ungraded to Windows 10. Its has a Quad Core Phenom processor and still has plenty of Ummph for what I need but I would like to...
  5. Win10 64 bit

Win10 64 bit: I have an HP laptop that came with win 10 (64 bit) preinstalled. I am not a fan of 10. I installed win 7 64 bit. 7 will not update due to an unsupported device warning. My question is if I format the drive and install 7 (yes I know it is about done) will I keep getting the...
  6. Upgrading Win10 32 bit to 64 bit

Upgrading Win10 32 bit to 64 bit: I can't seem to upgrade my Win10 Pro from 32 bit to 64 bit and even though I have a 64 bit processor. It goes through all the setup, but when finally completed, it still has the 32 bit OS only. I used the media creation tool made from my present running 32 bit system and...
  7. 64 bit download

64 bit download: I just want to know can a fusion5 download a 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-download/ae033cf6-4f80-41e7-9a80-074ea5ddf617
  8. dosbox for Win10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dosbox for Win10 64 bit: I am just starting to use Dosbox and need some info. When I want to change to a path like d:\ or any other drive I cannot get the \ to show up. It comes back with the ] character, have yet to get the \ one to show? All the rest of the characters show. Why will it not show?...
  9. Upgrade from 32 bit win 7 to 64 bit win10

Upgrade from 32 bit win 7 to 64 bit win10: When I upgrade my 32 bit win 7 computer to win 10 can I choose to upgrade to 64 bit win 10? 56098
  10. Downloaded 64-bit however installed 32-bit

Downloaded 64-bit however installed 32-bit: When upgrading to Windows 10, I clicked to download the 64-bit version however when I finished installing it was a 32-bit version. Please help! 9836

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install windows 64 bit hp g4