Windows 10: Can't Install Windows 10 build 10586 using ISO file

Discus and support Can't Install Windows 10 build 10586 using ISO file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I was trying to upgrade my Windows 10 build 10240 (RTM) to build 10586 (version 1511) via Windows Update but the Windows Update always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kaeljay, Dec 3, 2015.

1. kaeljay Win User

Can't Install Windows 10 build 10586 using ISO file

Hi there,

I was trying to upgrade my Windows 10 build 10240 (RTM) to build 10586 (version 1511) via Windows Update but the Windows Update always gave me this error (see the attached screenshot below). Oddly enough, there was no error code shown and Windows couldn't seem to download the update. I had tried click the retry so many times, but it just couldn't download it.

Can't Install Windows 10 build 10586 using ISO file [​IMG]

So, I went download the ISO file and copied the ISO into the USB drives. I ran the setup.exe and it gave me this error: "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot you PC and try and running Windows 10 setup again."
    I rebooted the PC and still I couldn't start the setup.

I read somewhere in the internet that deleting the $Windows.~BT, $Windows.~WS, and also the Windows.old folder will resolve the problem. The latter had been deleted and I tried to delete the $Windows.~BT by using the command prompt (because I can't delete it with File Explorer). Some files were successfully deleted but there is about 4.5 MB left now in that folder. When trying to delete these files, command prompt says that access is denied. If I delete them using File Explorer, it will say that the action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.

Do I miss something or is there any solution to this problem? I hope you guys can't help me solve the problem. It's very frustrating.

Thank you

:)

kaeljay, Dec 3, 2015

2. How to get november update ISO?

I want to repair my PC (Windows 10 Build 10586). But, it requires ISO file to repair it. How can I get ISO for Windows 10 Build 10586 (include nov update)?

Is it possible for us to repair my PC by click setup.exe on WindowsBT folder on drive C, so we can get Windows 10 Build 10586?

Thanks

HimawanRizki, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 3, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi this covers this fairly thoroughly.
    [Solved] How to Fix set-up couldnt start properly error in Windows 10,7,8

Note the suggestion about deleting those folders in Safe Mode- or that fails, you can do it from by rebooting using installation medium, select Repair my PC, navigate to a command prompt, find your windows partition or disk, and delete the folders.

Also note that you should run Windows update to check you are up to date.

dalchina, Dec 3, 2015
  5. kaeljay Win User
    Hi dalchina, I've tried deleting the folder via CMD in startup option (boot) as you suggested. Finally, I can delete the folder *Biggrin.
    Now, I'm installing the build 10586 using the USB drive. Hope it will get installed without any issue.

Thank you.

kaeljay, Dec 3, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hope it goes well... *Smile

dalchina, Dec 3, 2015
  7. kaeljay Win User
    Yes! It works!! The installation is successful. Thank you.

kaeljay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Install Windows 10 build 10586 using ISO file - Similar Threads - Can't Install build

2. Install windows 11 using ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows 11 using ISO file: I downloaded the ISO file into my USB flash drive and changed the priority in BIOS menu of my Laptop, but when I click on the exit and save, the systems doesn't proceed with windows 11 installation process. My laptop model is ASUS Rog flow x13...
  3. Can't find 10576/10586 iso to install to VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't find 10576/10586 iso to install to VirtualBox: Greetings all, I'm trying to install the latest version (or previous version) of Windows 10 on Virtual Box. Problem is, i can't find the .iso file to download so that i can do clean install and use a 8.0 license i have. I'm aware that the Fall Update .iso's are not out yet...
  4. Update to Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  5. Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  6. windows 10 build 10586 & nvidia issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 build 10586 & nvidia issues: I recently had a clean install on my system using the windows 10 November update iso that I've gotten. Everything seems to work fine with installing drivers like intel hd, rapid storage, audio, serial io, chipset, card reader but when I installed the latest NVidia graphics...
  7. windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ((((((( log file I applyCBS.rar Windows 10 pro x64 licensing 37974
  8. Installation Problem (BUILD 10586)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Problem (BUILD 10586): Hi...I am on windows 10 home edition ... yesterday i download build 10586 .iso directly from microsoft site since i am unable to download it from windows update...first i try to make it bootable to flash drive using rufus and ran "setup.exe" file but installation disappears...
  9. Want to Download ISO file for Version 1511 10586

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to Download ISO file for Version 1511 10586: I want to download an ISO file that can be used to correct problems using DISM. The problem I'm having is finding a ISO version compatible with the version I currently have. The ISO's I've seen are for 1607, and I am on 1511 10586.679. My question is where can I get a...
  10. Windows 10 SDK Build 10586 breakdown

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK Build 10586 breakdown: This week we released a new Windows 10 SDK. Let’s dive deeper into some of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) improvements in the SDK update: Visuals, Effects, and Animations Introducing Windows.UI.Composition, a new API family that directly targets the UI foundation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install iso build 1511