Windows 10: Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista

Discus and support Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I bought new version of windows 10 home from Microsoft. It arrived as a usb stick. It will not install. It states that it can't install on current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeNoone, Jun 12, 2020.

1. JoeNoone Win User

Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista

Hi. I bought new version of windows 10 home from Microsoft. It arrived as a usb stick. It will not install. It states that it can't install on current operating system.Vista. It says it can be booted from installation media. I do not know how to do this. I will admit to not being computer literate. I saw a similar thread on community, but I did not understand directions given. Help please.

Joe

:)

JoeNoone, Jun 12, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 12, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista

1. Can't install windows 10 Home on Vista - Similar Threads - Can't install Home

2. Windows Vista home basic activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista home basic activation: I am having trouble activating windows vista on one of my devices. I haven’t used it in a while and now it’s asking me to activate windows, I have tried using the code on the device afterwords it tried to activate but gave me an error code...
  3. Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium: I have a Windows Vista Home premium key, that when Win7 was release, I update to it. When Win10 came out same thing, no issues. Now, had problems with my hard drive and had to re-install and activate Win10. I went to a MCP here in the city I live in Germany, and problem...
  4. Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium: I have a Windows Vista Home premium key, that when Win7 was release, I update to it. When Win10 came out same thing, no issues. Now, had problems with my hard drive and had to re-install and activate Win10. I went to a MCP here in the city I live in Germany, and problem...
  5. Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium

6. Can’t login to windows vista home

Can’t login to windows vista home: Find a desktop don’t know password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-windows-vista-home/e37cb6f5-3ee0-4b2a-8207-ef5b2d1a86d1
  7. can Vista be replace with windows 10 home and 10 ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can Vista be replace with windows 10 home and 10 ???: can windows vista be replace with windows 10 home and windows 10 pro??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-vista-be-replace-with-windows-10-home-and-10/88c4f367-ab24-4ac2-9b6f-0143b52828b7
  8. can Vista be replace with windows 10 home and 10 ???

can Vista be replace with windows 10 home and 10 ???: can windows vista be replace with windows 10 home and windows 10 pro??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-vista-be-replace-with-windows-10-home-and-10/88c4f367-ab24-4ac2-9b6f-0143b52828b7
  9. Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed windows vista can't connect to the internet: Okay so I had a HDD crash. I have no windows 10 recovery disk or usb or anything. I did have an old vista disk so I got a new HDD installed and installed vista on it. Well it's not recognizing any network drivers and my other laptop just entirely died. So my question is how...
  10. How do I install windows 10 home to replace vista

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install windows 10 home to replace vista: Upgrade from vista to windows 10 home * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-windows-10-home-to-replace-vista/941d46e6-6e5f-46e7-b94d-903c6bca21f0