Windows 10: Can't install windows 10 in new hard drive. Usbechi.sys error

Discus and support Can't install windows 10 in new hard drive. Usbechi.sys error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried reformatting (bootable flash drive) my old hard drive before but this error (Usbehci. Sys) comes up and I can't seem to find ways to solve it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by worldsage, Dec 27, 2019.

1. worldsage Win User

Can't install windows 10 in new hard drive. Usbechi.sys error

I tried reformatting (bootable flash drive) my old hard drive before but this error (Usbehci. Sys) comes up and I can't seem to find ways to solve it. Sfc scan now and other solutions won't work so I thought my hard drive was old and broken so I waited until it died and bought a new clean hard drive and tried to install windows but the error Usbehci.sys is popping up. So is my unit just old and needs to get replaced or is my copy of windows 10 corrupted? Or other possible issues?
    My motherboard is A58m-e. As for the others, I can't access my pc so I don't know

:)

worldsage, Dec 27, 2019
  2. little cat, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Install Windows 10 on new hard drive.

Hi Arzlo,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Please be informed that you cannot install the activated Windows 10 on to the new hard disk.

If you are replacing the hard disk then you may get Windows 10 activation errors.

If you are purchasing a new hard disk then, you may have to install genuine Windows 7 (SP1)/8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 to get Windows 10 activated.

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 Q&A.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ppud=4

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Can't install windows 10 in new hard drive. Usbechi.sys error

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't install windows 10 in new hard drive. Usbechi.sys error

1. Can't install windows 10 in new hard drive. Usbechi.sys error - Similar Threads - Can't install hard

2. Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I am replacing a failed hard drive in a Dell Inspiron desktop with Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB installed memory. Windows seems to have installed but on reboot I get memory "memory management" blue screen and it keeps rebooting with same message. The Dell...
  3. Can't activate windows 10 after new hard drive install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate windows 10 after new hard drive install.: Please assist. Per Microsoft guidance deleted old "computer" from MS account and then installed windows 10 on new HD - now can't activate through MS acct sign in. Says the key is invalid...can't find...Big Red Ltrs! Also tried using my old Win7 Key - nope. I have been a...
  4. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: My friend's hard drive failed,we got a fancy new SSD. Windows 10 won't install because it's missing a driver apparently. Who knew on a blank hard drive that there wouldn't be anything on it? Anyway, the requisite file is ucx01000.sys and I don't know how to install it without...
  5. Error while installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Error while installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Quite a while ago I purchased Windows 8.1 prior to Windows 10 release. So when Microsoft up graded me to 10 they made it 10 pro. I have been using that since. One day I noticed the fans in my table top A Asus gamers with an Intel core 5 -32GHZ CPU were running 100%. They...
  6. Install windows 10 into new hard drive

Install windows 10 into new hard drive: Hi, How do I install windows 10 into new hard drive? Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-into-new-hard-drive/113be997-f406-4a25-b4f3-27585853d53f
  7. New hard drive and install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New hard drive and install of windows 10: I need to install a new hard drive which is about to fail according to my diagnostic disk. I think I can install the drive, but I need to know how to reinstall windows 10 afterwards. Is there anything with detailed instructions to guide me?...
  8. New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation

New Hard Drive & Windows 10 Installation: My hard drive died, so I installed a new one. The original drive had windows 8 on it, which I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free back when it came out. The new (replacement drive) came with Windows 8. I tried to upgrade this to Windows 10, but the Microsoft site requires...
  9. Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 into a new hard drive: Hello, so I recently had my hard drive in my laptop (Dell inspiron 17-7778) go out on me and I acquired a brand new one yet i never was able to get windows 10 backed up on to a USB, so i cannot acces my computer bast the boot up menu because of the damaged hard drive, and of...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Greetings Sir, I have an old pc (7 years) and plan on replacing the hard drive with a new WD Black. I want to save my present drive and use it as a slave. I do not want to mirror my present drive over. Instead, I would like to start fresh on the new drive and pick and...