Windows 10: Can't install windows 10 on a blank ssd in a laptop - Monitor out of range

Discus and support Can't install windows 10 on a blank ssd in a laptop - Monitor out of range in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So here is my problem, I'm trying to install windows 10 using a usb stick I made with microsoft tool. The laptop SSD is blank. This is not an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaximeMercier2, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Can't install windows 10 on a blank ssd in a laptop - Monitor out of range

So here is my problem,

I'm trying to install windows 10 using a usb stick I made with microsoft tool.

The laptop SSD is blank. This is not an upgrade.

When I start the HP laptop, it reach the selection for windows 10 32bit or 64bit.
    After that, I get an Out of Range in wathever display I plug to that laptop.

I even opened the casing and unpluged the laptop lcd screen to force the output to the external HDMI port.
    I used 4 differents screens with differents native resolutions with no luck.

All I get at the Windows logo part is a fuzzy incorrect unusable screen.
    Is there a specific setting I'm missing?
    Or a way to inject AMD display drivers to my usb windows 10 iso...

Also, that laptop was running a windows 8.0 fine before installing an ssd.

:)

MaximeMercier2, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Naseem99 Win User

Monitor out of range while installing Windows 10

I'm migrating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, whilst installing, my monitor suddenly blanked out and hand an "out of range" signal. Due to this error, I restarted my computer a few times to get to the advanced options where they was a "return to previous
    build option" and i'm back to Windows 8.1. I would really like to upgrade to Windows 10 but the 'out of range' error is holding me back from even knowing if it has installed.

PC SPECS:

CPU: AMD FX 4130

GPU: POWERCOLOR R9 270X

RAM: 8GB

MB: MSI (not sure of exact model)

MONITOR: GENERIC LCD MONITOR

Naseem99, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Can't install windows 10 on a blank ssd in a laptop - Monitor out of range

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Can't install windows 10 on a blank ssd in a laptop - Monitor out of range

1. Can't install windows 10 on a blank ssd in a laptop - Monitor out of range - Similar Threads - Can't install blank

2. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  3. Monitor showing out of range .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor showing out of range .: Hello sir, I am using Asus monitor 22 inch . But when i am install windows i used dell small monitor. It's successfully installed. And running better . But the problem is when i am change my monitor asus After star my computer it shows out of range . And i cant go into safe...
  4. Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor out of range: I use a dual monitor, one connected through HDMI with a 1920x1080 resolution and the other through a vga to displayport adapter, with a 1366x768 resolution.A few weeks back my adapter for the 2nd monitor stopped working so I bought a new one, the problem is that when I...
  5. Second monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor "out of range": Hello, I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop but when I plug the VGA cable my screen black and the second monitor displays "out of range". I'm using a VGA to HDMI conversion cable. The monitor says "no signal" when the cable isn't connected. I've already...
  6. "Out of range" Monitor

"Out of range" Monitor: Today, after 6 months of using my second monitor LG 27MK60TM-B with my ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH55, the LG monitor now reads "out of range." I connected my computer to a different monitor, and the picture is awful, but it works. I tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers,...
  7. Second monitor 'out of range'

Second monitor 'out of range': Hello, I have recently bought a second monitor for my homeoffice to use in a dual monitor set-up. When I connect the second monitor, it is recognised by Windows and set with the right frequency and resolution but the display says, 'out of range'. More information: The...
  8. TV/Monitor Out Of Range

TV/Monitor Out Of Range: One of my kids uses TV for monitor. TV has 2 video inputs HDMI or VGA. The output is on-board video of i5, Win 10. Everything was working fine for years until one day for whatever reason through right click I selected Display Settings and set something (I don't remember what...
  9. 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10: I recently connected an older monitor to my laptop using a HDMI to VGA Adapter. At first all worked fine. Now I am getting Out of Range on 2nd monitor screen. I have read many posts but most of he posts are several years old. Will purchasing a new HDMI monitor solve the...
  10. Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install : Monitor out of range: Hey guys, I am trying to clean install windows 10. I already have windows 7 64 installed on my system. But when i try to boot from the USB Flash Drive the windows 10 logo shows up with the rotating dots and then the monitor displays the following message : "Out of range /...