Windows 10: Can't install Windows 10 on my SSD

Discus and support Can't install Windows 10 on my SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an Acer Nitro 5 with a Gigabyte 512gb ssd and a WD 1TB hhd. Recently after installing Ubuntu on my hdd (because i didn't want to change the sata... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Broken_Degausser, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Can't install Windows 10 on my SSD

I have an Acer Nitro 5 with a Gigabyte 512gb ssd and a WD 1TB hhd. Recently after installing Ubuntu on my hdd (because i didn't want to change the sata mode), I also wanted a clean Windows install. So I created a boot usb from media creation tool and go forward with it. It didn't work. I got the "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" error, which i spent a significant amount of time trying to search for a solution.

Stuffs i tried: - Format my ssd - use diskpart to clean, convert my ssd partition table to gpt, etc like every guide online recommends. - Make another boot usb, this time with rufus. Didn't work.

Stuffs I didn't try: - Temporarily disconnect my hdd. I don't have the tools to do that physically, and my acer uefi has zero options regarding this, like most guides suggests. - Change to bios-legacy boot mode. There's no option in the uefi.

I think it would be fine if i try to install windows on my hdd though, but haven't try it yet. All I know is installing windows on a ssd is much harder but didn't expect it to produce this much annoyance.

I heard there's an option to install on a HDD, the. use a third party tool to copy it to a SSD, but i haven't look into it.

Thanks for any help given..

submitted by /u/Broken_Degausser
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Broken_Degausser, Oct 29, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 29, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Can't install Windows 10 on my SSD

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't install Windows 10 on my SSD

1. Can't install Windows 10 on my SSD - Similar Threads - Can't install SSD

2. Can't install Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows on new SSD: My desktop has a 500GB SSD as its hard drive. I bought a new 2TB SSD and want it to replace the 500GB as the hard drive. I've created bootable media using 'Create Windows 10 Installation Media' and a USB flash drive. When I use the USB flash drive during bootup I get a popup...
  3. Can't install Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows on new SSD: My desktop has a 500GB SSD as its hard drive. I bought a new 2TB SSD and want it to replace the 500GB as the hard drive. I've created bootable media using 'Create Windows 10 Installation Media' and a USB flash drive. When I use the USB flash drive during bootup I get a popup...
  4. Windows Installation Tool can't find my SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installation Tool can't find my SSD: I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 82S9 with no OS, I installed Ubuntu, everything worked perfectly. Then I tried installing Windows, which I bought through the Microsoft website, so I downloaded the Installation Tool, burned a bootable USB, it starts fine but when...
  5. Windows Installation Tool can't find my SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installation Tool can't find my SSD: I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 82S9 with no OS, I installed Ubuntu, everything worked perfectly. Then I tried installing Windows, which I bought through the Microsoft website, so I downloaded the Installation Tool, burned a bootable USB, it starts fine but when...
  6. Windows Installation Tool can't find my SSD

7. Can't install Windows 10 to my SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install Windows 10 to my SSD: I am trying to install Windows 10 to my SSD but the problem is when I'm installing it, it'll say "Gettings files ready for installation" it'll go up to 71% and then it will automatically put me back to the start where I have to install it again....
  8. I can't install Windows 10 on my SSD laptop

I can't install Windows 10 on my SSD laptop: So, I recently bought the Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD. I installed it in my laptop, the bios detected it. I put the windows 10 installation usb drive into the laptop, booted from it, installed windows 10 on my SSD, then booted from my SSD. When I booted, this came up:...
  9. I can't install windows on my ssd

I can't install windows on my ssd: So i bought a new laptop which came with hdd+ssd storage. I wanted to install windows on the ssd to have faster boot times and etc. However, it didn't let me install the os on that disk. Later I found out that the disk must be in gpt to install the os there but it doesn't let...
  10. Can't install Windows 10 on SSD

Can't install Windows 10 on SSD: Hello everyone! Just want to say in advance a big thank you for any advice you could give me :) So, I have an HP EliteBook Folio G2, i7, and I would like to install a SSD in legacy mode because the other modes doesn't work. I have done this n-times and I have succeeded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reseting windows doesnt let me install on ssd

2. windows wont install on my ssd 4.0