Windows 10: Can’t install Windows 10 stuck on Setup starting

Discus and support Can’t install Windows 10 stuck on Setup starting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have tried over the last week many, many fixes and troubleshoots to fix BSOD appearing very often with errors like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Luis 404, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Luis 404 Win User

Can’t install Windows 10 stuck on Setup starting

Hello everyone,

I have tried over the last week many, many fixes and troubleshoots to fix BSOD appearing very often with errors like KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION or CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

So after trying many different fixes I decided to uninstall Windows which also didn‘t properly work so I had to fully delete my M.2 SSD by Formatting it and using Asus UEFI BIOS‘s Erase Disk.

Now, when trying to install Windows, there are various problems, like BSODs with similar errors like above appearing when it is installing it onto the SSD or sometimes when trying to use cmd to fix something. It also often hangs after selecting Install now at the Setup starting screen.

Before resetting the M.2 SSD I used memtest to test the ram and there were 0 errors.

I wasn‘t able to use sfc /scannow as it would cancel at a certain point. When trying to do this in Safe Mode it did finish but said that it could not fix the errors.

When I use sfc /scannow or chkdsk /r now it mostly works and says that it fixed errors or that there are no errors.

I will bring my brother‘s PC to my home today so we can troubleshoot the problem but if you have any ideas to fix these issues, any help is much, much appreciated!!!

Kind Regards,

Luis

:)

Luis 404, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 installation stuck at "Setup is starting"

Before the installation screen I can open CMD (specifically the first step in the installation which is selecting the language) my problem was that after this step it will say "setup is starting" but it will take hours to go to the next step and maybe stuck.

with that command I didn't face any issues with the installation. it went through the steps faster instead of taking hours.

ShehabSha'lan, Apr 6, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Can’t install Windows 10 stuck on Setup starting

Can't start Windows 7 install!

Ok i have fixed the problem with booting,

i went back to scratch with the flash drive and re did all the partitions and re copied all the files and that fixed it,

except now its stuck loading the setup...... it gets to the end of the white bar (loading windows setup bar) and its stuck again.....

iv left it for 40 mins and its still there...

now before i put it into the pc i tried it on my laptop first and it booted to the windows setup just fine. so its not the stick anymore but the pc.

any idea's ?

Edit:
    this is where its stuck at.. except the white bar is FULL to the end.. it just wont go to the next step
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/jnamaya/RweiWwypjVI/AAAAAAAABLs/-PGeDGMzhiA/setup.jpg

slyfox2151, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Can’t install Windows 10 stuck on Setup starting

1. Can’t install Windows 10 stuck on Setup starting - Similar Threads - Can’t install stuck

2. screen stuck on "Setup is Starting"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen stuck on "Setup is Starting": hello i have been trying to install windows on my SSD for a while now, the SSD was having the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error, I then used a USB to try and install windows, everything works fine until I get to the install screen, after clicking the install...
  3. screen stuck on "Setup is Starting"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen stuck on "Setup is Starting": hello i have been trying to install windows on my SSD for a while now, the SSD was having the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error, I then used a USB to try and install windows, everything works fine until I get to the install screen, after clicking the install...
  4. Windows stuck in setup is Starting

Windows stuck in setup is Starting: Hi NEED HELP, I was doing Clean install of windows on my laptop but it stuck inSetup is starting, At first i thought iso is corrupt so I tried creating bootable pendrive from both media creation tool and rufus but nothing working out. And i'm also not able to visit windows...
  5. Stuck Setup Installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck Setup Installation: [ATTACH] Hi there, I keep getting this Start Application no matter how much I hit no it I still pops up after sign in any answers please !!! Brian UK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-setup-installation/2e10d048-f0c3-44a5-b943-ddd4468573e7
  6. Windows 10 Setup Stuck at Install Now

Windows 10 Setup Stuck at Install Now: This is honestly the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I bought a Windows 10 installation USB drive, and stuck it into my brand new PC build. The PC has an NVMe SSD (M.2) drive and no other hard disks. When booting the PC, the USB drive boots just fine. I get the menu to...
  7. windows stuck on setup is starting

windows stuck on setup is starting: Hi guys, I can't boot windows and I've tried many of the options available to try and get it to boot again but nothing seemed to work, so I installed Windows media creation tool onto flash drive to do a clean jnstall and the screen is a purple colour not blue then when it...
  8. Windows 10 installation stuck at "Setup is starting"

Windows 10 installation stuck at "Setup is starting": Hi, I am trying to install windows on my Asus laptop. I downloaded the installation media and installed Windows to my USB drive 32GB. I set the priority to my USB drive. Enabled legacy boot, disabled secure boot then I started with my installation. it boots from the USB...
  9. Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting"

Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting": Hi I got a problem now. My laptop cant install Windows. This is the story : Im playing games with my laptop for few hours and then my laptop got a crash and then im doing force shutdown. And then im realize that im accidently cause some disk errors. I tried again and...
  10. Stuck at Windows 10 setup after install.

Stuck at Windows 10 setup after install.: I just got done installing Windows 10 and am sitting at the next step which I believe the setup just before loading the desktop. It just locks up and then my system reboots after hitting "Next". My frustration level is rapidly increasing and I have no idea what I'm...