Windows 10: Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help!

Discus and support Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Due to endless problems with Windows 10, I did a fresh install of it several weeks ago. It has wasted over 200 hours of my time since then having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Admin Services, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help!

Due to endless problems with Windows 10, I did a fresh install of it several weeks ago. It has wasted over 200 hours of my time since then having to reinstall and reconfigure everything again on my computer.

Since then, I am unable to update Windows.

The version of Windows I have now is 2004.

In 'Windows Update' I see a red color error message stating: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

"There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800703f1"

The error message I see every day in 'View update history is the following:

"Failed to install on ‎2/‎11/‎2020 - 0x800703f1"

For instance, I get this for Cumulative Update KB4579311 https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4579311/windows-10-update-kb4579311

I have tried all the solutions offered here on Microsoft's website and also elsewhere. For instance, I have tried the Windows Troubleshooters. They are most useless tools in the history of computing and a Windows Troubleshooter has never resolved a single problem I have EVER had with my computer over the last several years - a 100% failure rate - but I still tried... and it was a waste of time as always.

I've tried SFC Scan and DISM - neither works on my computer.

I turned off all virus and malware checkers - no change.

I've also tried the following solution suggested in several places on this website - also didn't work:

"Open administrative Command Prompt and type following commands one-by-one followed by Enter key.

net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver"

I am fed up of years and years of daily problems with my computer. It's unfortunate that Windows 10 is the most bug-ridden piece of software I've ever come across. It's even worse than previous Windows version.

There are so many features in Windows that don't work now. The list would be a mile long if I were to list them, but, for instance, Cortana doesn't work despite me spending hours trying all suggested solutions and there are major issues with Windows Explorer too etc. etc. I'm hoping the updates might resolve even a small number of these problems.

Please can you suggest what I could do to be able to update Windows?

I can't reinstall Windows again from scratch and then spend weeks reinstalling and reconfiguring my programs.

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your co-operation.

:)

Admin Services, Nov 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 2, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help!

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Windows Phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

Cvrk, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help!

1. Can't Install Windows 10 Updates - Tried Everything - Please Help! - Similar Threads - Can't Install Updates

2. Can't install/update drivers, update Windows 10. HELP please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install/update drivers, update Windows 10. HELP please: Hello,I am unable to update windows. Unable to update drivers. Have tried a ton of things but nothing has worked.Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Can't install/update drivers, update Windows 10. HELP please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install/update drivers, update Windows 10. HELP please: Hello,I am unable to update windows. Unable to update drivers. Have tried a ton of things but nothing has worked.Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Can't install/update drivers, update Windows 10. HELP please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Winodws will not update and I've tried everything, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winodws will not update and I've tried everything, please help: Hello, I am constantly getting Blue Screened, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and multiple other blue screen errors.Ive watched so many YouTube videos like the 3 Solutions or 7 Solutions to fix not updating ect, NONE OF THEM WORK.The updates that will not install are the following:-...
  6. Winodws will not update and I've tried everything, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winodws will not update and I've tried everything, please help: Hello, I am constantly getting Blue Screened, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and multiple other blue screen errors.Ive watched so many YouTube videos like the 3 Solutions or 7 Solutions to fix not updating ect, NONE OF THEM WORK.The updates that will not install are the following:-...
  7. Winodws will not update and I've tried everything, please help

8. Windows 10 update fails, tried everything, please help

Windows 10 update fails, tried everything, please help: Hello, I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, running windows 10 home, version 10.0.14393, X-64 based. Its been having trouble for quite a while but since we have another laptop its been on hold to fix. ive only recently been trying to fix it. Windows update fails over and...
  9. Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!: I've tried instruction after instruction and cannot delete a file. It's from a programme called Solidworks, and is left in the programme file called 3ds Light.otf. I've tried deleting in Safe mode Using deleting/unlocking utlities File Assassin and Unlocker Disabled...
  10. Tried everything to upgrade to Windows 10 but in vain. Please help.

Tried everything to upgrade to Windows 10 but in vain. Please help.: Hello, I would like to know if i can cancel my reservation from the Get Windows 10 app so that i don't get the prompt every now and then and then upgrade from a bootable media later on? I've tried all possible solution out there to upgrade my windows 8.1 to 10 but...