Windows 10: Can't install windows 10

Discus and support Can't install windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an iso file of windows 10 but when i try to install i keep getting error code 0xC1900101-0x40017 saying File installation in the second_boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blindaussie, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Can't install windows 10

I have an iso file of windows 10 but when i try to install i keep getting error code 0xC1900101-0x40017 saying File installation in the second_boot phase with an error during boot operation.I tried to install with the internet disconnected but it completely shut my computer down and i had no graphics at all i had to reset the cmos by taking the battery out and it reverted back to windows 8 can someone please advise me on how to resolve this problem

:)

Blindaussie, Jul 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 24, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Can't install windows 10

Are you trying to upgrade or do a clean install - it may be necessary a total clean install.

cereberus, Jul 24, 2016
  5. Are you booting from your install media or running setup.exe from Windows? Where did you get your ISO and how old is it? I would download a new one to rule out the one you have no being corrupted.

alphanumeric, Jul 24, 2016
  6. it is a new version as i installed it ok on my laptop and i am trying to do an upgrade on my desktop which has a lot of information i need to keep

7. Are you booting from the install media or doing the upgrade from Windows?

8. Can't install windows 10

it is a new iso file as i just upgraded my laptop and it worked fine

9. Yes, but are you booting from the thumb drive? There are two ways to do it. You can run setup.exe from your currently installed and running Windows. Or you can change the BIOS boot order so your PC boots from the thumb drive instead of your hard drive. The second option may work when the first one doesn't. Just pay close attention to the menus so you don't lose any personal files etc.

10. Rocky Win User
    And back up all of your data before you attempt this at home.

Heck, you might as well back up all of your data before you try anything.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't install windows 10

1. Can't install windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't install

2. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  3. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  4. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  5. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  6. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  7. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  8. How to fix this ? can't install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  9. How to fix this ? can't install update

How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  10. Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.: Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-fs2020-on-windows-11-and-hangs-up-on/da57ef9d-dadd-46a2-a763-f962ff5675f3