Windows 10: Can't install Windows 11 because of DWM.exe MEMORY LEAK

Discus and support Can't install Windows 11 because of DWM.exe MEMORY LEAK in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any driver which isn't ages old is affected from the DWM.exe memory leak, so I can't install a driver recent enough to support Windows 11 and NOT have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frapc, Oct 22, 2021.

1. frapc Win User

Can't install Windows 11 because of DWM.exe MEMORY LEAK

Any driver which isn't ages old is affected from the DWM.exe memory leak, so I can't install a driver recent enough to support Windows 11 and NOT have the memory leak. This issue has been there forever, it's embarassing for both Intel and Microsoft

:)

frapc, Oct 22, 2021

2. Desktop Window Manager Memory Leak

These applications not are compute-intensive, compared to
    CPU speed. "The problem" is the memory leak of DWM.

As soon as I could observe a high memory consumption by DWM, I started windows performance tool kit and run the diagnose. Then I switch to the game and
    continued playing for a few seconds
    until stop the diagnosis.

Jean Bolão, Oct 22, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Oct 22, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't install Windows 11 because of DWM.exe MEMORY LEAK - Similar Threads - Can't install DWM

2. Windows 11 Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Memory leak?: Hi,I just upgraded to Windows 11 last week, things were going well but lately the computer lags. Today it has consistently increased ram usage up to 99% I have 32Gb even if I'm not running any programs. Resource Monitor & Task Manager show 99% use but not the program...
  3. Windows 11 Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Memory leak?: Hi,I just upgraded to Windows 11 last week, things were going well but lately the computer lags. Today it has consistently increased ram usage up to 99% I have 32Gb even if I'm not running any programs. Resource Monitor & Task Manager show 99% use but not the program...
  4. Windows 11 Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Memory Leak: Hi Techies,I have been using Windows 11 now since it's launch and i'm really enjoying it. However over the past 2 days i have noticed something funky Technical Term going on with it's Memory usage. I leave my PC on for long periods of time since i run a plex server out of it....
  5. Memory leak on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory leak on Windows 11: Hi, I have some problems with ram usage, my applications don't even use 1GB in total but my task manager shows 100% ram usage. Do you have a solution to fix this problem?...
  6. Memory leak on Windows 11

Memory leak on Windows 11: Hello, I have some problems with ram usage, my applications don't even use 1GB in total but my task manager shows 100% ram usage. Do you have a solution to fix this problem?...
  7. Windows 11 DWM leak preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DWM leak preview: Hi, if Intel did not solved this problem, does Windows 11 do the DWM leak too?DWM leak preview when using Windows 11 if this problem is not solved: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-dwm-leak-preview/00a96ef9-338b-4d31-aba5-60b7c4e2cff5
  8. Windows 11 DWM leak preview

Windows 11 DWM leak preview: Hi, if Intel did not solved this problem, does Windows 11 do the DWM leak too?DWM leak preview when using Windows 11 if this problem is not solved: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-dwm-leak-preview/00a96ef9-338b-4d31-aba5-60b7c4e2cff5
  9. Can't install Windows 11 because of DWM.exe MEMORY LEAK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows 11 because of DWM.exe MEMORY LEAK: Any driver which isn't ages old is affected from the DWM.exe memory leak, so I can't install a driver recent enough to support Windows 11 and NOT have the memory leak. This issue has been there forever, it's embarassing for both Intel and Microsoft...
  10. DWM memory leak problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DWM memory leak problems: Like many people, I've suddenly started having memory leak problems with Desktop Window Manager, getting as high as 4.4GB which isnt good for my little 16GB laptop. It seems universally accepted that it's caused by a faulty Intel river for the Intel HD 630 and I've seen a...