Windows 10: Can't install windows but can install linux

Discus and support Can't install windows but can install linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; whenever I tried to install windows, at the partition menu, I get an error 0x80070057 if I tried to format any drive. I can install Linux(Fedora 28)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HITMAN-47_1, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Can't install windows but can install linux

whenever I tried to install windows, at the partition menu, I get an error 0x80070057 if I tried to format any drive. I can install Linux(Fedora 28) any time and works perfectly. Also, I tried "diskpart", where also I cannot execute "format fs=ntfs quick" command, after cleaning the disk and creating a partition. the command generates the error " Diskpart encountered an error: The parameter is incorrect". please help, and thanks for taking the interest.

:)

HITMAN-47_1, Jul 5, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Oct 29, 2018
  4. redeye Win User

Can't install windows but can install linux

Can install Windows, can't install Linux

my system is 6850, amd 905e, 4GB kingston ram ddr2... (w /380watt seasonic)
    I have 64bit windows 7 installed. (16k sectors, what a pain that was to effect)
    i also installed the 32bit wubi linux install. (ubuntu-in-windows-directory)
    It installed without an hitch (of course getting the 32 bit version was a pain... need the --32 switch, ) (32 bit version because I was testing Second life under linux with the 6850, and the 560ti...)

anyways, it isn't the graphics card, and i dont suppose it is the cpu, so I would check to see if the system is rock-solid by running prime95 for 24 hours.

if that isn't the problem, then I would blame the motherboard.
    could be a boot sector problem... thus, install any version of ubuntu (easily) using the wubi installer under windows.

redeye, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Can't install windows but can install linux

1. Can't install windows but can install linux - Similar Threads - Can't install install

2. Can't install Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Kali Linux: The problem is that my computer may have some restriction and I can't find how to disable it. I download Kali Linux and at the moment I want to open the folder to install it, the computer opens a window and asks me for which application from the Microsoft store I want to open...
  3. Can't install Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Kali Linux: The problem is that my computer may have some restriction and I can't find how to disable it. I download Kali Linux and at the moment I want to open the folder to install it, the computer opens a window and asks me for which application from the Microsoft store I want to open...
  4. Can't access Windows 10 after installing Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access Windows 10 after installing Linux: I just recently installed Pop!_OS, a Linux distribution on my old laptop with Windows 10 installed on it and it didn't go well and everything went wrong. Upon installation, there was no dual booting option available so I went with a custom install involves manually...
  5. Installing Linux?

Installing Linux?: Got an old dell xps 8100 desktop that has windows 10. I never use this desktop and basically don't even have access to it. So i like to try to install linux on it. Anyone here done it and recommend it? I want to see how its like. I googled linux download and i see a few links...
  6. Installing Linux?

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Linux?: Got an old dell xps 8100 desktop that has windows 10. I never use this desktop and basically don't even have access to it. So i like to try to install linux on it. Anyone here done it and recommend it? I want to see how its like. I googled linux download and i see a few links...
  7. Can't install Windows 10 on a Linux machine

Can't install Windows 10 on a Linux machine: Hi, I am trying to install Windows to my Linux ext4 drive. I have a bootable USB stick, however, X:\setup.exe is not detecting either of my drives, one is a NTFS HDD and the other is an EXT4 SSD. How can I fix this?...
  8. Linux can be installed but Windows 10 cannot?

Linux can be installed but Windows 10 cannot?: Hello I can install Linux but not Windows 10. If Linux works, Windows 10 should also work, right? Linux lässt sich installieren aber Windows 10 nicht?
  9. Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook

Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook: I know this is for windows, but im at my wits end. I am trying, to get kubuntu 20.04 installed onto my hp probook laptop, and I have tried unetbootin, rufus, YUMI, Universal-USB-Installer, BalenaEtcher. NONE of them have worked. Before I went to do this I blanked my laptop...
  10. Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Get Linux installed on HP Probook: I know this is for windows, but im at my wits end. I am trying, to get kubuntu 20.04 installed onto my hp probook laptop, and I have tried unetbootin, rufus, YUMI, Universal-USB-Installer, BalenaEtcher. NONE of them have worked. Before I went to do this I blanked my laptop...