Windows 10: Can't install windows from a USB

Discus and support Can't install windows from a USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Went into advance system start up, formatted windows from cmd. I try to boot from the USB to install windows, however it then says automatic system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zainkhan12, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Can't install windows from a USB

Went into advance system start up, formatted windows from cmd. I try to boot from the USB to install windows, however it then says automatic system repairing, diagnosing pc and takes me to the system start up. Usb was formatted on FAT32 and I used Rufus to set make it bootable. I have tried it with uefi on and off. Please help asap

:)

Zainkhan12, Aug 11, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 11, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Can't install windows from a USB

windows can`t communicate with epson 7620 scanner using usb

Hi Lake,

Thank you for your response.

As per the description, I understand that the Epson device/program is not compatible with the USB 3.0.

I suggest you to connect it to the USB 2.0 and check if the same issue persists.

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK
      . Device Manager opens.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

• Right click the first USB controller under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers
      , and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Also refer to:

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/install-usb-3-usb-devices

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Can't install windows from a USB

1. Can't install windows from a USB - Similar Threads - Can't install USB

2. Can't seem to install Windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't seem to install Windows from a usb: I recently had a problem where windows wouldn't boot no matter what I did, after following everything I could find I settled on reformatting the drive that windows was on and reinstalling, unfortunately after I reformatted it I had an error, something to do with a gpt...
  3. Can't seem to install Windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to install Windows from a usb: I recently had a problem where windows wouldn't boot no matter what I did, after following everything I could find I settled on reformatting the drive that windows was on and reinstalling, unfortunately after I reformatted it I had an error, something to do with a gpt...
  4. Can't seem to install Windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After installing windows from USB can't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing windows from USB can't boot: Just installed windows on my aorus z790ax with a Samsung SSD 980 nvme 3.0 at 3.0 4x and can't boot after installing windows. I can see the drive on the drive list in the bios but can't see it in the boot list I only have windows boot manager and my usb drive....
  6. Can't install Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows from USB: Hi! My Windows 11 on laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro crashed and laptop gone to perpetual error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I can't launch Windows in both normal and safe mode it was disabled by default.I had created installation media for Windows and launched from USB.I had 2...
  7. Can't install Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Windows from USB: Hi! My Windows 11 on laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro crashed and laptop gone to perpetual error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I can't launch Windows in both normal and safe mode it was disabled by default.I had created installation media for Windows and launched from USB.I had 2...
  8. I can't install Windows from USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install Windows from USB drive: I'm trying to install Windows on a brand new gaming PC I've just built. I've used Google to see if I can find an answer and I came across this post on the Answers forum:...
  9. Can't install Windows 10 from a USB Disk

Can't install Windows 10 from a USB Disk: I have a ROG G20AJ Bios Version 0703 x64 Windows 10 Around 3 years of use. A while ago, my pc would turn on but the CPU fans would instantly stop and I wouldn't be able to interact with anything at all, just an infinite loop of turning the monitor on and off. A friend of...
  10. Can't install from USB drive

Can't install from USB drive: Hello guys, So I've come up with this issue that I hope you can help me with. I have installed Windows 10 from a USB drive in many computers and never had any problems.. The PC in question has originally Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10 via that free update. But...