Windows 10: can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation

Discus and support can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I have previously double-partioned system with Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 7 in parallel and GRUB of course and everything works fine, but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amarchRU, May 13, 2020.

1. amarchRU Win User

can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation

Hi all,

I have previously double-partioned system with Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 7 in parallel and GRUB of course and everything works fine, but after I change my motherboard to new one X79 - Windows stops loading with BSOD Ubuntu still works perfectly fine. I decide to make a fresh installation, create bootable USB from official image, but every attempt to start installation process stuck on blue screen for Win7 and purple for Win10 i.e. just the background image during installation. I can move my mouse and see cursor, but nothing happen even after I wait some time.

I actually does a lot of research and made plenty of attempts. What I try:

• use different USBs 3 of them and images Win7 and Win10 with the same effect
    • try to use the same USBs on my friend's laptopt to see if installation worked - and it did, so I doubt the reason in USB/image/program used to write image
    • try to plug out all disks except one to which I want to install Windows in total 2 SSD + 1 HDD
    • try to Shift+F10 during this purple/blue screen - and it works, cmd appears. I try to run diskpart command - it just waits forever after a couple of welcome words expect to see prompt again, list is not a working command at all I am not too good in win cmd, so maybe this is ok
    • finally, try to play with BIOS setting, switch on and off Fast Boot and Quiet Boot, but it does not help

I actually strongly suspect that there is something with the BIOS settings probably between Legacy/UEFI options and correct combination should solve the problem, but can't figure out it by myself, so I attach pictures of Boot tab and CSM parameters in the BIOS screen:

Bot tab

CSM tab

I also try to switch CSM off find this advice somewhere, but to do this the change in video settings need to be done first and every time I try to do that all displays stop working after restart so I need to go inside my PC and eject CMOS to restart BIOS, which is not a pleasant experience since it is located under video card.

:)

amarchRU, May 13, 2020
  2. hyperjase Win User

Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install

That booted fine, but on clicking setup.exe, and attempting to install I get the message as on the screenshot:

can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation [​IMG]

When I looked in device manager there were 4 devices without drivers, trying to install them from the motherboard disc didn't work, it couldn't find the drivers.

The one thing I noticed is that my computer was switched on earlier today, when I get home, around 5 hours later, "Setup is starting" was on the screen but was stuck there.

hyperjase, May 13, 2020
  3. hyperjase Win User
    Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install

What an odd issue .... but it solved one problem. A "virgin" install from using Rufus still just goes to a purple/blue blank screen.

The other thing I can't figure out is that the Media Creation Tool ... never finds any USB devices despite being present and working!

hyperjase, May 13, 2020
  4. can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 13, 2020
Thema:

can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation

1. can't install Windows from USB - stuck on the purple/blue screen on installation - Similar Threads - can't install USB

2. Blank blue screen on attempting to install windows from usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank blue screen on attempting to install windows from usb: I am trying to reinstall windows 11 but the problem is that if i have the hdd connected, the setup menu loads into this blue screen And when I disconnect the hdd then it loads perfectly fine with all the options and textEarlier on my windows 11 the whole taskbar just...
  3. Blank blue screen on attempting to install windows from usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank blue screen on attempting to install windows from usb: I am trying to reinstall windows 11 but the problem is that if i have the hdd connected, the setup menu loads into this blue screen And when I disconnect the hdd then it loads perfectly fine with all the options and textEarlier on my windows 11 the whole taskbar just...
  4. Can't install Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Windows from USB: Hi! My Windows 11 on laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro crashed and laptop gone to perpetual error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I can't launch Windows in both normal and safe mode it was disabled by default.I had created installation media for Windows and launched from USB.I had 2...
  5. Stuck on a blank blue screen while installing from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on a blank blue screen while installing from USB: I'm installing Windows 10 on a new SSD from an USB. After deleting old partitions on my HDD (now in a caddy) the installation process has started and then I went afk. The pc is now, 3 hours later, on a blank blue screen. What do i do? Can i restart it from the power button?...
  6. Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB

Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB: Hello, I replaced the HDD on my old Dell laptop with a new SSD. I used the windows 10 tool to make a 15GB USB I had into an installation media. I plugged in the USB and booted from it. I get the windows logo, dots start spinning, but right before I get start the installation...
  7. Blue screen when installing Windows 10 from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen when installing Windows 10 from usb: Hey My computer recently crashed, and it won’t load up windows anymore. It’s stuck on the motherboard logo, and keeps running the «circle» animation. therefore I downloaded windows 10 on a usb using microsoft media creation tool, following the tutorial provided on this...
  8. Screen Stuck while installing Windows from USB

Screen Stuck while installing Windows from USB: I have been trying to install windows for 2 days now, I have an Acer Predator Helios 300, and i have been using Linux for some months now, but I wanted to switch to windows, I created a bootable USB for Windows 10 via Rufus. I followed these steps: 1. I created a Ubuntu Live...
  9. Windows 10 installation got stuck on a purple screen

Windows 10 installation got stuck on a purple screen: My linovo laptop was running very slow with windows 10, so I tried to reinstalling windows with a bootable usb. At first the installation was going fine but while I was afk the display turned off and nothing was happening. I thought it's usually restarting while installation...
  10. Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install

Windows 10 install - (USB UEFI) blue/purple screen and won't install: I've very recently upgraded from an 8 year old pc (self-built) to a brand new rig, I'm unable to install Windows 10 from either DVD or USB (and I've tried creating a USB install from the Media Creation Tool and from Rufus). I put the USB stick in a port, start the PC and I...