Windows 10: cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently?

Discus and support cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i bought a second hand laptop and tried to do a clean install of windows 11 on it. in the set up i am required to log in to a work account for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by T_500, Aug 6, 2022.

1. T_500 Win User

cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently?

i bought a second hand laptop and tried to do a clean install of windows 11 on it. in the set up i am required to log in to a work account for a specific job recruiting business, i cant use my personal account, and there is no way to bypass this. i used usb to install windows 10 where there is the same problem, but if setting up offline it can be bypassed, set up and upgraded to w11.i am worried this will continue to have and effect on my device, i contacted public support for this company and they asked me to provide a photo of the sellers profile and any barcodes. if i send them any device I

:)

T_500, Aug 6, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Pavl Win User

Which method to remove the "Dell-ness" of a 2nd hand laptop.

Hello Paul Black
    Thank you for that info ... just tried out Belarc on main machine and worked very well to give license key so next step is to do same for 2nd hand one.
    Will then go for clean install as per guidance ...
    Paul

Pavl, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

1. cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently? - Similar Threads - cant install 2nd

2. i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...: i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant connect to its server. How do i change it? can i buy a key to change to windows 11 pro or equivate?there is no product key under the laptop...
  3. i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...: i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant connect to its server. How do i change it? can i buy a key to change to windows 11 pro or equivate?there is no product key under the laptop...
  4. Purchased locked 2nd hand laptop, how can I reset user info and password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased locked 2nd hand laptop, how can I reset user info and password?: I bought an HP laptop second hand but it's locked and now the seller is not responding to my calls or messages so I have no idea how to get into it now with her old info. How can I reset the user info and password...
  5. Purchased locked 2nd hand laptop, how can I reset user info and password?

Purchased locked 2nd hand laptop, how can I reset user info and password?: I bought an HP laptop second hand but it's locked and now the seller is not responding to my calls or messages so I have no idea how to get into it now with her old info. How can I reset the user info and password...
  6. I bought a 2nd hand laptop with an exception in Windows Security!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a 2nd hand laptop with an exception in Windows Security!!: I bought a 2nd hand laptop HP Probook 430 G5 today with Windows 11 pre installed. On checking it out I found an exception entered in Windows Security. The file is SppExtComObjHook.dll and is located in C:Windows\system32\I contacted the seller a refurbisher of 2nd hand...
  7. I bought a 2nd hand laptop with an exception in Windows Security!!

I bought a 2nd hand laptop with an exception in Windows Security!!: I bought a 2nd hand laptop HP Probook 430 G5 today with Windows 11 pre installed. On checking it out I found an exception entered in Windows Security. The file is SppExtComObjHook.dll and is located in C:Windows\system32\I contacted the seller a refurbisher of 2nd hand...
  8. Second-hand laptop Admin problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second-hand laptop Admin problems: Got a second-hand laptop with W11. Old owner still on as Admin. MS365,etc downloads all to his folder. Made myself an Admin but still can't move or control files or make shortcuts. Should I start all over from scratch or is it retrievable?...
  9. Second-hand laptop Admin problems

Second-hand laptop Admin problems: Got a second-hand laptop with W11. Old owner still on as Admin. MS365,etc downloads all to his folder. Made myself an Admin but still can't move or control files or make shortcuts. Should I start all over from scratch or is it retrievable?...
  10. cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install windows on 2nd hand laptop, can admin lock the device permanently?: i bought a second hand laptop and tried to do a clean install of windows 11 on it. in the set up i am required to log in to a work account for a specific job recruiting business, i cant use my personal account, and there is no way to bypass this. i used usb to install windows...