Windows 10: Can't install windows updates - cant turn on Virus & Threat Protection.

Discus and support Can't install windows updates - cant turn on Virus & Threat Protection. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a variety of issues that have lasted the past few years that I haven't gotten around to fixing. Right now I have an issue where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/youracat, May 19, 2020.

1. Can't install windows updates - cant turn on Virus & Threat Protection.

Hi everyone,

I have a variety of issues that have lasted the past few years that I haven't gotten around to fixing. Right now I have an issue where Windows Defender Security Center wont let me restart my Virus & threat protection. It says, 'threat service has stopped. Restart it now.'

When I hit the 'Restart Now' button, i get an error message 'Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again.'

I read some forum posts saying that I should install windows updates, but when I try, it gives me another error. 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.293.2678.0) - Error 0x80070643'

I'm stuck and I need help. What should I do?

submitted by /u/youracat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/youracat, May 19, 2020
  2. imwhomim Win User

Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, May 19, 2020
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, May 19, 2020
  4. Thagstrom Win User

Can't install windows updates - cant turn on Virus & Threat Protection.

How can I turn off virus protection?

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

I would suggest to only turn off virus protection for a short duration such as during the installation of an app that can't be installed otherwise.

The steps to turn off windows defender are:

1. Select Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > virus & threat protections settings

2. Switch Real-time protection to Off. Note that scheduled scans will continue to run. However, files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned.

Thagstrom, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't install windows updates - cant turn on Virus & Threat Protection.

1. Can't install windows updates - cant turn on Virus & Threat Protection. - Similar Threads - Can't install updates

2. Cant access virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access virus and threat protection: Cant access virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-virus-and-threat-protection/3de02e2a-7305-4943-be1a-f31aceaf2154
  3. Cant access virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access virus and threat protection: Cant access virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-virus-and-threat-protection/3de02e2a-7305-4943-be1a-f31aceaf2154
  4. cant open virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open virus & threat protection: so After i migrated os on my laptop to new ssd i cant open virus & threat protection option as it says that my administrator has limited access to some areas of this app but im on my private account and i never had any school or work accounts connected on this device any fix?...
  5. cant open virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open virus & threat protection: so After i migrated os on my laptop to new ssd i cant open virus & threat protection option as it says that my administrator has limited access to some areas of this app but im on my private account and i never had any school or work accounts connected on this device any fix?...
  6. cant open virus and threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant open virus and threat protection: when i try open my virus and threat protection it says 'Your IT Administrator has limited access to this app' even though im the only person who uses this pc as its mine, any ideas?thanks...
  7. Virus and threat protection is turned off

Virus and threat protection is turned off: Virus and threat protection is turned off and says settings are controlled by administrator. Even tamper protection is turned off The virus scans don't work and shut down automatically. Please help. i waited a long time for windows update to resolve this but it seems that...
  8. I can't turn on "virus and threat protection"

I can't turn on "virus and threat protection": So I'm extremely stupid when it comes to laptop and I just want to know what this means. (see image below) Sorry, I'm dumb please help me out. if it helps I am the administrator and I have using the command prompt. I'm currently running sfc /scannow [ATTACH]...
  9. Turn on virus and threat protection

Turn on virus and threat protection: Hi, I do not have any third party antivirus application installed on my pc but whenever I'm trying to turn it on from the settings, I get a error message saying that " Your virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization " Please help.. With Regards,...
  10. Virus & Threat protection disabled. I can't turn it on.

Virus & Threat protection disabled. I can't turn it on.: I also cannot access defender offline scan as a result. Is this a Windows issue? It keeps saying my IT Manager and Organisation control these things but I am the Admin on a home PC....