Windows 10: Can't install Windows with usb

Discus and support Can't install Windows with usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop Lenovo air 13 pro which is having ssd drive I tried to install Windows with USB. On UEFI mode It doesn't recognize USB at all. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MahdiPoyan, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Can't install Windows with usb

I have a laptop Lenovo air 13 pro which is having ssd drive I tried to install Windows with USB. On UEFI mode It doesn't recognize USB at all. I tried fat32 format and NTFS. But in legacy mode it recognize USB but it doesn't recognize ssd drive it says I can't install Windows on this location. I already deleted the old os

:)

MahdiPoyan, Jan 3, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 3, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Can't install Windows with usb

windows can`t communicate with epson 7620 scanner using usb

Hi Lake,

Thank you for your response.

As per the description, I understand that the Epson device/program is not compatible with the USB 3.0.

I suggest you to connect it to the USB 2.0 and check if the same issue persists.

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK
      . Device Manager opens.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

• Right click the first USB controller under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers
      , and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Also refer to:

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/install-usb-3-usb-devices

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't install Windows with usb

1. Can't install Windows with usb - Similar Threads - Can't install usb

2. Can't seem to install Windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't seem to install Windows from a usb: I recently had a problem where windows wouldn't boot no matter what I did, after following everything I could find I settled on reformatting the drive that windows was on and reinstalling, unfortunately after I reformatted it I had an error, something to do with a gpt...
  3. Can't seem to install Windows from a usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to install Windows from a usb: I recently had a problem where windows wouldn't boot no matter what I did, after following everything I could find I settled on reformatting the drive that windows was on and reinstalling, unfortunately after I reformatted it I had an error, something to do with a gpt...
  4. Can't install Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows from USB: Hi! My Windows 11 on laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro crashed and laptop gone to perpetual error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I can't launch Windows in both normal and safe mode it was disabled by default.I had created installation media for Windows and launched from USB.I had 2...
  5. Can't install Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Windows from USB: Hi! My Windows 11 on laptop Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro crashed and laptop gone to perpetual error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I can't launch Windows in both normal and safe mode it was disabled by default.I had created installation media for Windows and launched from USB.I had 2...
  6. Can't install USB drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install USB drivers: Hi, I am having a hard time trying to install USB drivers for my phone so that I can connect my laptop to the phone using a USB cable, but I find it so hard to install because Windows doesn't install it automatically....
  7. Can't install windows installation media on USB.

Can't install windows installation media on USB.: I'm using a laptop with not much storage to install the windows media, to then install on my new PC, on a USB, but the installation process doesn't recognize the USB, and tries to install to the C: drive, which doesn't, and can't, have enough space for it. It doesn't give me...
  8. Windows 10 USB installer can't start

Windows 10 USB installer can't start: I'm trying to install Windows 10 from a retail USB installer on a new system I built, and suddenly the installer crashes every time as it tries to initialize. Right after I choose install 64-bit, it starts to load then goes to a blue screen with code 0xc000021a. Thing is, I...
  9. Can't install windows from a USB

Can't install windows from a USB: Went into advance system start up, formatted windows from cmd. I try to boot from the USB to install windows, however it then says automatic system repairing, diagnosing pc and takes me to the system start up. Usb was formatted on FAT32 and I used Rufus to set make it...
  10. Can't Install in GPT with USB?

Can't Install in GPT with USB?: I cannot get Windows 10 1709 USB3.0 Media created with Rufus (I think) to boot and install in GPT. I have to Enable Legacy just to get it to boot, and if I do it installs as MBR. If I Disable Legacy it won't find a Bootable USB Device in Boot Menu? HP Pavilion HPE h8-1234...