Windows 10: Can't interact with home screen and all of my shortcuts and icons are gone. Help

Discus and support Can't interact with home screen and all of my shortcuts and icons are gone. Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_DankTurtleMaster [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_DankTurtleMaster, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Can't interact with home screen and all of my shortcuts and icons are gone. Help

/u/_DankTurtleMaster, Apr 28, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Can't interact with home screen and all of my shortcuts and icons are gone. Help

windows shortcuts

Hi,

This issue can be caused by conflicts with desktop icon size.

As an initial troubleshooting step, change the icon size by following the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop screen.
    • Click View.
    • Switch from Medium icons to Small icons or
      Large icons
      to Small icons.
    • See if the box that circling the desktop shortcut will be gone.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't interact with home screen and all of my shortcuts and icons are gone. Help

1. Can't interact with home screen and all of my shortcuts and icons are gone. Help - Similar Threads - Can't interact home

2. Help!!! All my *Icons* are gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help!!! All my *Icons* are gone!: Help! All of my icons are gone after I uninstalled a software called IObit :All icons on my desktop, taskbar and file explorer are just gone.here is what they look like.TaskbarWindows file explorerDesktopI also changed my visual settings for best performance, so everything is...
  3. ALL taskbar icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL taskbar icons are gone: [ATTACH] Ive tried basically everything that the internet has told me, scanned for malware, deleted iconcache.db and restarted, etc etc. https://preview.redd.it/fe4fw9tnkl261.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=429d446858f1612def4f809f2de56e6011376307 submitted by...
  4. Help! all icons on pc are gone

Help! all icons on pc are gone: i installed a new gpu today and everything was working perfectly, but when I restarted my pc all the icons don't show. The apps are still there but the icons are not. I cleared the iconcache with cmd and normally and did the scan on cmd to find corrupt files but nothing is...
  5. All of my desktop icons are gone please help (more in comments)

All of my desktop icons are gone please help (more in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whatis0atmeal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izw9nf/all_of_my_desktop_icons_are_gone_please_help_more/
  6. Desktop shortcut icons gone on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop shortcut icons gone on laptop: Worked on my laptop yesterday, all good. Turned on this morning and ALL my desktop shortcut files, GONE. Can someone help me troubleshoot, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-icons-gone-on-laptop/48a04e93-647a-43ee-a635-7f2fb7cc63e8
  7. All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help.

All Icons/Thumbnails gone, can't find any solution. Please help.: I just booted my pc this morning and suddenly all my icons/thumbnails where gone. Also, when I right-click any folder or executable and click properties, it doesn't open the properties. I can't find any solution on the internet on how to fix it, I even tried resetting my...
  8. Home Screen Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home Screen Gone: My home screen with back ground and apps, folders and files are gone, replaced with the Microsoft blue page. How can I change it back. Been looking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-screen-gone/df6a8158-56e0-4eb0-b43a-bbc871f3454b
  9. All icons are gone (everywhere)

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons are gone (everywhere): Hi, something really weird happened after I restarted my computer. The icons in my desktop, folders, etc (everywhere) are gone. (see the pictures) [img] [img] I rebooted a bunch of times and even did a system restore but it's still not displaying any of the icons....
  10. All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank: for some reason all my Icons for everything but folders have gone blank I can't seem to get them back. As well as all my file and program associations have eather reset and ask me what programs I want to use a default and when I reassign them the next time I go to open a file...