Windows 10: Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error

Discus and support Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] what does this mean 60680 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saurumon, Aug 17, 2016.

1. saurumon Win User

Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error

Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error [​IMG]
    what does this mean

:)

saurumon, Aug 17, 2016

2. Fatal device hardware error in local disk D

The fatal hardware error is associated with hardware issue. It does not have anything to do with an account.

Try to plug in your hard drive to other computer (not tablet), and see if the problem is the same.

Or if you can hear a clicking sound on it when you plugged it in to any computer, then you definitely need to contact Seagate.

Most hard disk issues are caused by unexpected loss of power when it is still busy writing/reading a data.

Also check these websites. These will be be useful. Download and run their tools:

Seagate USB External drive diagnostics | Seagate Support

How to use SeaTools for Windows | Seagate Support

6a27b4c8-cc35-41ee-877a-d2e6419f87ca, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Fatal device hardware error in local disk D

Hi Phyl,

To isolate your issue, may we know if you already tried using another USB port, and other USB cable? Have you tried connecting your hard disk to another computer?

If your device is still not working after trying all those troubleshooting steps, try to contact your hard drive manufacturer to see if this is a hardware failure.

Regards.

Meliton Dec, Aug 17, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Open the Admin Command (Win+X->Command Prompt (Admin)) and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 1
    clean
    exit

Open Disk Management again and try to initialize. If not working then you might have a bad HD.

topgundcp, Aug 17, 2016
  5. saurumon Win User
    how do i check if its corrupt

saurumon, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    To see if the Drive is Physically damaged, open Disk Management and look on the upper Pane to the "Status". If it is not marked as "Healthy" then probably there is a problem with HDD.
    Download the Test Utility from Manufacturer and Run it on Drive.

Pay attention, that Command "Clean" will Delete all format information of HDD, will likely reset it to Factory state, restore any information it contained is likely impossible.
    If the Drive is OK and you can assign a letter to it, you can use the CHKDSK X: /R to check Disk

Adalwar, Aug 18, 2016
  7. saurumon Win User
    it doesnt come up as adrive its unallocated and unintialized like it doesnt have gud or master partion

saurumon, Aug 18, 2016
  8. Adalwar Win User

Did you check the "Status" of Drive?
    Please, post a Screen Shot of the entire Disk Management Screen.
    I believe people here will not be able to answer you, if don´t give more details.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error - Similar Threads - Cant intialize disk

2. Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.: I am trying to fix a WD Elements 3TB portable hard drive that belongs to my sister it has worked fine until recently but will no longer come up on her MacBook Pro or iMac. I connected it to my HP laptop and clicked This PC but it does not show up in the devices and drives...
  3. Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.: I am trying to fix a WD Elements 3TB portable hard drive that belongs to my sister it has worked fine until recently but will no longer come up on her MacBook Pro or iMac. I connected it to my HP laptop and clicked This PC but it does not show up in the devices and drives...
  4. Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disk "D" not intialized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  6. Disk "D" not intialized

Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  7. Disk "D" not intialized

8. The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error: Hello,I have a Samsung SSD.The SSD drive works perfect as an internal main disk of a laptop. The SSD runs Windows 10.Yet when I take this disk and put in a USB external case. - I hear windows acknowledging the connection when connecting the USB to the laptop- Yet windows...
  9. The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error: Hello,I have a Samsung SSD.The SSD drive works perfect as an internal main disk of a laptop. The SSD runs Windows 10.Yet when I take this disk and put in a USB external case. - I hear windows acknowledging the connection when connecting the USB to the laptop- Yet windows...
  10. windows 10 fatal device hardware error

windows 10 fatal device hardware error: I am upgrading my Dell tablet with a larger drive. I have cloned the old drive and the new one works perfectly. However when I put the old drive into a caddy It shows in disk manager as disk 2, but will not initialize nor can I format it.I get the error message windows 10...