Windows 10: Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

Discus and support Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It's easy to do Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials (Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jimhoyle, Sep 22, 2018.

1. jimhoyle Win User

Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

It's easy to do Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials (Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account = Enabled). It works for a few reboots. Then it's magically back to Disabled (and action center says "You must restart your computer to turn on User Account Control".

What's the next step to force this thing to stay at "never notify"? (And yes, I have strong anti-virus protection and everything, I'm willing to take the risk this setting brings.)

:)

jimhoyle, Sep 22, 2018

2. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2018
  3. User Account Control - Notification in Windows 10 Action Center "UAC is disabled".

Nyima,

Thanks for suggestion, but that solution doesn't solve issue that I pointed here.

I am completly aware that setting UAC slider to top, "Always notify" option will stop Action Center to notify me about disabled UAC. But that is not what I want.

I want UAC to stay completely disabled and I don't want Action Center to notify me about that fact, because I personaly put it that way.

So, do you have any suggestion how can I solve this incovenient issue?

Thanks!

Bojan.Skoric, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

1. Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify) - Similar Threads - Can't keep UAC

2. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  3. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  4. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Disabling UAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling UAC: I just disabled UAC because “Rockstar Games Launcher” always gave me a notification about making changes to the pc and I always had to accept it. It got kinda annoying because it showed always when I launched GTA V. I disabled the UAC completely but now I’m kinda scared that...
  6. EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ?

EnableLUA=0 is not the same as "Never notify" in UAC settings - What's the difference ?: Hi, Obviously, setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System | EnableLUA to 0 is not the same as selecting Never notify in the UAC settings. I have a severe problem with this (applications misbehaving when EnableLUA is set to 0) and I'd like to know...
  7. UAC keeps disabling

UAC keeps disabling: Why UAC keeps disabling? I ran AV scan, sfc, tried to delete EnableLUA key. This is 4th forum that I ask, so PLEASE HELP! 126659
  8. How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights

How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights: In Win-10, I have signed in thru User account and want to change UAC level to "Never notify". But being a Non-Administrative account I am not able to change it, below default. And I need help on how to change this to "Never notify"...
  9. Can't use Spartan with UAC disabled

in Browsers and Email
    Can't use Spartan with UAC disabled: Spartan is unusable if UAC is disabled. Makes it useless to me and probably many others. [img] 5164
  10. Disable UAC

Disable UAC: With the earlier builds, I had UAC disabled in the registry( just as I do for my host machine Windows 8.0 Pro) and everything worked fine. It was in your sister forum eightforums tutorial that I learned how to disable UAC in Windows 8. I also use Start8 and Windowblinds on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uac off vs never notify

2. uac never notify to always notify does not work after reboot still never notify

3. never notify or always notify?