Windows 10: Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service

Discus and support Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sorry about the chosen topic. Couldn't find one that fits. New Dell desktop - Windows 10 Pro. Last week I noticed Windows PushtoInstall Service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TolerantChimp, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service

Sorry about the chosen topic. Couldn't find one that fits.

New Dell desktop - Windows 10 Pro.

Last week I noticed Windows PushtoInstall Service running.
    Disabled it in Group Policy Editor.
    Still shows as a running process in Task Manager.
    Attempting to End Task results in the infinitely annoying:
    Ending this process will cause Windows to become unusable or shut down.

In Services, PushtoInstall Service is disabled but the status readsStarting.
    In the General Tab of the Properties dialog box, everything but Start Up Type is greyed out.

Since finding the PushtoInstall service in Task Manager, I've noticed a bunch of others that I don't need or want but can't stop/disable. Call me crazy but I don't think it's unreasonable to want control of my own #%&ing computer. It's why I opted for the Pro version. (Silly me!)

Does anyone know how I can fully disable the PushtoInstall service? If removing the Windows Store is a solution, then I'm fine with that. Win Store apps are intrusive garbage. I don't use them.

:)

TolerantChimp, Feb 10, 2019

2. Services Problem

For future reference , blackviper also contains a list of default settings in case you can`t remember changing a service. There are TONS of guides and references like this on the web if you don`t like blackviper.

francis511, Feb 10, 2019
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 10, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service :cool:

jmcslob, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service

1. Can't Kill PushtoInstall Service - Similar Threads - Can't Kill PushtoInstall

2. Background processes can't be killed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background processes can't be killed.: I updated from Windows 10 to 11 almost 2 months ago. All the applications I use regularly are updated as is WIndows. When I start an application, whether it is a Microsoft application or other applications such as Adobe, Autodesk, Spotify, and so on. If the application starts...
  3. Background processes can't be killed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background processes can't be killed.: I updated from Windows 10 to 11 almost 2 months ago. All the applications I use regularly are updated as is WIndows. When I start an application, whether it is a Microsoft application or other applications such as Adobe, Autodesk, Spotify, and so on. If the application starts...
  4. Service host local system is killing my cpu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service host local system is killing my cpu.: the Google solutions don’t work. I can’t see superfetch in the services tab. I tried posting this in tech support and it didn’t get any traction. Any help? submitted by /u/athermalwill [link] [comments]...
  5. What is "Service Host: Network Service" and how do I kill it?

What is "Service Host: Network Service" and how do I kill it?: I can't close it in task manager without an ominous "doing this will make the computer unstable" but I have no idea what it is or what it's doing, apart from hogging 100% of my internet bandwidth. I hate it. How do I stop this?? Please help. submitted by /u/Dirthara...
  6. How to kill service thats stuck in stopping?

How to kill service thats stuck in stopping?: Under status it just says 'stopping' but i need it to be startet. i cant restart, stop or start it cause its all greyed out. is there a way to kill it? submitted by /u/SwagsireDrizzle [link] [comments]...
  7. Services are killed by Microsoft Windows 10 and Server if the services does not run in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Services are killed by Microsoft Windows 10 and Server if the services does not run in...: We have faced an issue with different services that are forcibly killed by Microsoft Windows if the time to run the service exceeds a specific time. The chain of event logs can be traced down to: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the MySvc...
  8. KB3093266 killed Windows update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3093266 killed Windows update service: So yesterday I installed KB3093266, the update went threw and update fine as far as i knew. After the reboot config system was up. I didnt start to get suspicious till I noticed I never got AC notification about the install, So I reboot notification went threw. I went...
  9. Can't kill explorer.exe and more...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't kill explorer.exe and more...: So my laptop froze in the middle of web browsing and I had to force shutdown. Upon rebooting back to desktop and running my cleanup bat script, explorer.exe is showing strange behavior where I couldn't kill it (this is part of the bat script). So I rebooted again to...
  10. [Request]Services that can be killed for good?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Request]Services that can be killed for good?: Hi Shawn, Please can you post a tutorial on which all unnecessary services can be safely stopped in Win 10 x64 OS so as to get the maximum performance boost during gaming? Thanks, Troy. 16834

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pushtoinstall service keeps stopping

2. pushtoinstall serviço windows pushtoinstall