Windows 10: Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

Discus and support Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Some of my apps were not launching so I followed a Youtube tutorial and changed a value in .exe folder in registry but nothing changed so I went back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/twominuteswith, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

Some of my apps were not launching so I followed a Youtube tutorial and changed a value in .exe folder in registry but nothing changed so I went back and reversed the changes in registry. After doing that I cannot launch any .exe file, neither regedit nor cmd. And no system restore point is available either. What can I do besides reinstalling Windows?

submitted by /u/twominuteswith
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/twominuteswith, Mar 3, 2020

2. exe files and regedit

I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and
    that didn't work. Now, I can't get regedit to work! i am so frustrated. Could somebody help me and tell me what is going on here please?

JuniorHamilton1, Mar 3, 2020
  3. no access to exe files or regedit

Cant access exe files on windows 7 or regedit

c498e19b-32f4-4b46-9863-cc3b20a701e7, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

no access to exe files or regedit

What happens when you try to?

Bill Smithers, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

1. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd - Similar Threads - Can't launch exe

2. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  3. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files: Hi, I am encountering a problem that the default app of .exe files has been changed.While I did some research that many of the solutions suggest that I can reset it via cmd or regedit. However, my oc doesn't let me open any of those.Everytime I choose to open regedit or cmd....
  4. Unable to open regedit, cmd or any .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Regedit cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit cmd: Hello, im trying to add MicrosoftEdge to right click menu with cmdi type reg add HKCR\Directory\Background\Shell\Edge\command /ve /d C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\96.0.1054.43\msedge.exeand i got Error: Invalid Syntax.what can i do?...
  6. Regedit cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regedit cmd: Hello, im trying to add MicrosoftEdge to right click menu with cmdi type reg add HKCR\Directory\Background\Shell\Edge\command /ve /d C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\96.0.1054.43\msedge.exeand i got Error: Invalid Syntax.what can i do?...
  7. Regedit cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit: Hi, I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file. Do you know how I can fix this problem whereas I can't open cmd or regedit ? [IMG] [IMG]...
  9. exe files and regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...
  10. Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Disallowrun and locked exe, cmd, regedit: I did a very stupid thing. I tried to make windows block one application by creating registry in Policies/Explorer named RestrictRun. I did it and then I also created DisallowRun. In KEy Restrict run I added one application, but i couldnt create key for DisallowRun and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when launching exe files tells me to

2. cant open exe file even regedit and cmd