Windows 10: Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

Discus and support Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop that is an hp with a AMD ryzen 3 2200U processor and integrated AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics when i check the dxdiag info it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hayden_088, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

I just got a new laptop that is an hp with a AMD ryzen 3 2200U processor and integrated AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics

when i check the dxdiag info it says I have directx 12 installed but when I finished downloading Counter strike global offensive and tried to launch it says that it is starting up for the first time and installing Microsoft DirectX and after that it just closes and says im ingame and then after 5 seconds it says im not in game on steam, I tried to install directx 9 my self but it wont work and just says to check DXError.log and DirectX.log and when i check the logs it just says a bunch of random stuff i do not understand, i have tried many things and none of them seem to work could somebody please help me launch my steam games

:)

hayden_088, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Kynshra Win User

DirectX problem,Steam games stopped working

Hello Guys,

Here's the problem:

All of a sudden all of my Steam games stopped working. Although I have DirectX 12 installed (checked in dxdiag) Steam is telling me I need the latest version of DirectX (r). The fun thing is that I can still play The division and League (Basically all games
    not required to be launched via Steam).

Things I've tried to fix:

- I ran sfc /scannow and it found zero problems.

- I checked dxdiag and I have DirectX 12 installed

- I have updated my graphics driver to all the latest versions

- I tried to reset my pc for a clean install and it failed due to an unknown error multiple times

- I tried to download the latest versions of DirectX from the official Microsoft website but the installation keeps failing due to an internal system error.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Kynshra, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Steam games won't launch on Windows 10?

Hi Oaasfari,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which are all the Steam games you are unable to launch?
    • Do you get any error message/code when you try to launch the game?
    If the Steam games are not working in Windows 10 then, I would suggest you to contact the Games manufacturer for further assistance and check if the Game is compatible with Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 23, 2018
  4. j0rdanb Win User

Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

Steam games not launching on Windows 10

Hi all,

I'm having a problem when I try to launch Steam games, as whatever game I try to launch doesn't actually launch. A message comes up about the game "preparing to launch" but then nothing after that happens. Some games give me an error saying Steam is not running at all, whereas others just do nothing.

I've already completed all the troubleshooting steps on Steam's website but none of them have actually fixed it. The only temporary fix that works is restarting Steam, but this becomes very annoying when I have to do it multiple times a day every time I want to play a game.

Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated - thanks Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded :)

j0rdanb, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

1. Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded - Similar Threads - Cant launch steam

2. I cant launch any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant launch any games: When ever I try to launch a game I get this error message C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Innersloth.AmongUs_2023.7.122.0_x64__fw5x688tam7rm\GameLaunchHelper.exeFile System Error -2015294512. It happens for every game I download I cant get a single game to play....
  3. I cant launch any games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant launch any games: When ever I try to launch a game I get this error message C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Innersloth.AmongUs_2023.7.122.0_x64__fw5x688tam7rm\GameLaunchHelper.exeFile System Error -2015294512. It happens for every game I download I cant get a single game to play....
  4. I cant download games using steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant download games using steam: Hi recently i tried downloading game with steam and it doesnt work cause it something is making it crash every time i tryi found this error report The program steam.exe version 7.15.2.67 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the...
  5. I cant download games using steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant download games using steam: Hi recently i tried downloading game with steam and it doesnt work cause it something is making it crash every time i tryi found this error report The program steam.exe version 7.15.2.67 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the...
  6. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 games no longer launching: As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and A hat in time do not launch anymore. In terms of specs, my computer has an Intel i7 6700, 16GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GTX...
  7. How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?: I ask about DirectX because when I clicked to play Don't Starve for the first time (I used Linux, but I returned to Windows 10 a few months ago), it asked me to install DirectX. I clicked no, thinking I could just do that later, and now, the game doesn't launch. I Is this...
  8. DirectX "DXerror.log and directx.log" error / some steam games not launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX "DXerror.log and directx.log" error / some steam games not launching: So i've been having some problems with Steam Games not launching, and after a lot of troubleshooting attempts I tried installing DirectX again, but once i used the "DXSETUP" one, it gives the "DXerror.log and directx.log" error. Opening the DXerror.log I have: [03/24/20...
  9. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  10. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...