Windows 10: Can't launch apps from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't launch apps from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've purchased the Xbox Game Pass and attempted to install Forza Horizon 4 The game successfully installed, but I couldnt launch it. Nothing at all... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by OleMathisen, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Can't launch apps from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store

I've purchased the Xbox Game Pass and attempted to install Forza Horizon 4

The game successfully installed, but I couldnt launch it.

Nothing at all happens when I click launch.

I went into the root folder of the game, after I had given myself permission to view files in WindowsApps, and saw that all the files are encrypted and locked. No matter what I try, I can not get permissions for the files. I've went to properties and assigned myself as the owner of all the files in the root folder, given everyone Full Control, when that didn't work I assigned Everyone as the owner of all the files. I also did this with the WindowsApps folder as well as the folder that contains the root files. I've also tried downloading a Take Ownership registry thingy so that you can right click any file and click "Take Ownership", no luck.

When I right click any file in the root folder and click the "Unlock Access" or whatever it is named, I'm prompted with the error message saying 0x800700057. When I try right clicking any file, click properties and try to uncheck the "Encrypt file to protect data" or whatever it says, I get the error message "The parameter is Incorrect".

I thought maybe this was a problem with my SSD, so I tried reinstalling the game on another SSD. Same problem. With no luck I formattet my SSD and reinstalled Windows on it, making sure it was the latest version. I installed the game, and no luck. I formatted my OTHER SSD, installed the newest version of Windows on it, and unplugged my original SSD. At this point I only had one SSD plugged in which has never had Windows installed on it. It was the latest version, yet the same problem occured.

I thought maybe it was a problem with the Windows Version, so I downgraded to 1909 with a formatted SSD yet again. Didn't work, same error.

I downgraded to 1903 with a formatted SSD YET AGAIN.

Didn't work, same error.

I've currently got the game installed with the same problem still, and I'm completely lost. I thought maybe this was a problem with the Microsoft Store itself, so I attempted to download Slither.IO, as it was free and I would check if I could launch that. that worked completely fine. Thereafter, I attempted to check if maybe this was a problem with the Game Pass itself, so I downloaded ARK: Survival Evolved, and Microsoft Flight Simulator. These are games included with the Game Pass. Neither games launch, and the same error messages occur.

With the current SSD I also tried turning off Windows Defender and Firewall, and running the troubleshooter for Microsoft Store The Troubleshooter came back with no Errors. I've also ran WSReset, cleared the cache for everything I can imagine, Reset the Microsoft Store. Absolutely NOTHING have worked, and I have tried EVERYTHING that I could find by digging a little deeper than just the surface.

I'm assuming this is no longer an error on my end. Maybe I bought the Game Pass, but Microsoft doesn't "Recognize", that I've purchased it, so I am able to install the games, but they somehow haven't registered that my account owns an active Game Pass, so I can't launch any games?

I've posted this in the Xbox thread as well, as I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Xbox App or the Microsoft Store, so I decided on posting it on both.

:)

OleMathisen, Feb 15, 2021

2. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC

I have Xbox game pass ultimate, and I can download games from game pass. But when I try to launch the games, it says that they are unavailable in my account. The account with game pass is signed in to both the windows store and the Xbox (Beta) app, so
    I have no idea what is going wrong.

Evilwolf789, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Can't launch apps from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store Spring Sale: Games, Consoles, and Xbox Game Pass Deals Xbox

Source: Microsoft Store Spring Sale: Great Deals on Games, Consoles, and Xbox Game Pass - Xbox Wire

Brink, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't launch apps from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store

1. Can't launch apps from Xbox Game Pass/Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't launch apps

2. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  3. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  4. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. parameter incorrect on launching games downloaded from xbox app game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    parameter incorrect on launching games downloaded from xbox app game pass: I just bought Xbox Gamepass and decided to download the game gaurdians of galaxy from it. The game installs fine but whenever I run the game it gives me the error."This parameter is incorrect." I have tried restarting the app, reinstalling in a new location, restarting my pc...
  6. parameter incorrect on launching games downloaded from xbox app game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    parameter incorrect on launching games downloaded from xbox app game pass: I just bought Xbox Gamepass and decided to download the game gaurdians of galaxy from it. The game installs fine but whenever I run the game it gives me the error."This parameter is incorrect." I have tried restarting the app, reinstalling in a new location, restarting my pc...
  7. Microsoft store and xbox game pass

Microsoft store and xbox game pass: Both my xbox game pass and microsoft store wont download certain things for example i tried downloading minecraft dungeons on the xgp and it said pending and came up with an error and then i tried downloading it from the microsoft store and an error came up with "something...
  8. Can't launch Xbox Game Pass for PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch Xbox Game Pass for PC games: I've had game pass for pc about 4 months with everything working fine. As of this morning I can't launch any game even though my subscription is still active. If I try launching from start menu shortcut it launches microsoft store page for "gaming services" installed...
  9. Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC

Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC: I have Xbox game pass ultimate, and I can download games from game pass. But when I try to launch the games, it says that they are unavailable in my account. The account with game pass is signed in to both the windows store and the Xbox Beta app, so I have no idea what is...
  10. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta): So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta). Surely if I have paid...