Windows 10: Can't launch download game

Discus and support Can't launch download game in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I recently purchased ARK survival evolved from the Microsoft store. But I had to download it to my external hard drive because it's a massive... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SpiderLily1997, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Can't launch download game

So I recently purchased ARK survival evolved from the Microsoft store. But I had to download it to my external hard drive because it's a massive download. Now that it's finally done downloading I can't launch the game from my laptop which the external drive is attached to. This is the second time I've re- downloaded this game and it hasn't worked. Anyone got any ideas?

:)

SpiderLily1997, Feb 20, 2020

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 20, 2020
  3. I can't launch games

Hi,

There are several factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with launching games on Windows 10. Here's a list of the possible reasons:

• An outdated game version
    • Outdated Windows 10 OS
    • Corrupted game data
    • Software conflicts
    For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the games affected?
    • Are you using the physical copy or the digital version of the games? If you're using the digital version, may we know where did you download the games?
    • Are you encountering this issue when launching the games online or offline?
    If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, we recommend running the Windows apps troubleshooter. Click this

link
    to run this troubleshooter.

You may also check if there are updates available for the games by following the steps provided on this

link
    . Keeping the game version up-to-date can help resolve common issues with games on Windows 10.

Keep us posted with the progress. We're here to clear things up.

Catherine Cus., Feb 20, 2020
  4. Can't launch download game

Where are my downloaded Games?

Hi Brandon,

Games downloaded from the Microsoft Store website or through the Windows Store app are added in the Xbox app's Game list. To access this, kindly perform the following steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games. Games you have on that device will appear there.

If you can't see the game, it may be because the game was not automatically added on your Game list. To add it, proceed with the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games.
    • Select Add a game from your PC.
    • You'll see a scrollable list of all Win32 games and programs that have
      Start
      menu shortcuts. From the list, find Solitaire HD and add it to your
      My games menu so you can quickly browse for and launch the game.
    • Once you've selected your choices, select Add selected games at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Don't forget to notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't launch download game

1. Can't launch download game - Similar Threads - Can't launch download

2. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download game: I just bought palworld on the microsoft store and when I go to download it, it greys out and freezes. I have tried resetting my store through the settings and powershell with zero change. I tried downloading apps which seemed to work but other games would give me the same...
  3. Can't download game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download game: I just bought palworld on the microsoft store and when I go to download it, it greys out and freezes. I have tried resetting my store through the settings and powershell with zero change. I tried downloading apps which seemed to work but other games would give me the same...
  4. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't download game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download game: So I have been having this issue for a while and even got a Microsoft Agent to take control of my pc to find out the issue and he unfortunately couldn't fix it. The first issue that started this was that I couldn't install Ark survival evolved on my pc and I keep getting an...
  6. Can't download game

Can't download game: So I have been having this issue for a while and even got a Microsoft Agent to take control of my pc to find out the issue and he unfortunately couldn't fix it. The first issue that started this was that I couldn't install Ark survival evolved on my pc and I keep getting an...
  7. Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC: Xbox game pass for PC, started last night. I logged in and played a few games just fine, restarted my computer due to the immense amount of lag I was getting on "The Riftbreaker" for literally no reason. When I came back literally less than 2 minutes later, every game I...
  8. Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC

Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC: Xbox game pass for PC, started last night. I logged in and played a few games just fine, restarted my computer due to the immense amount of lag I was getting on "The Riftbreaker" for literally no reason. When I came back literally less than 2 minutes later, every game I...
  9. can't download a game

can't download a game: I can't download Forza Horizon 4 on my computer despite owning it digitally and having previously downloaded it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-a-game/dfd2b23b-2de1-48a0-a592-a8f894903d21
  10. can't download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download games: i had a nice computer, running windows 7, but it's stopped working. so i'm using a laptop, Acer aspire, that was given to me and it runs windows 10, sop i'm learning. i had a stroke last month so everything is hard. i just wanted to sit here and play some of the old games, ms...