Windows 10: Can't launch game because I can't change permissions

Discus and support Can't launch game because I can't change permissions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I downloaded a new game recently but it won't launch and it seems like its a permissions issue. However, all permissions options are grayed out and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdamChumley, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Can't launch game because I can't change permissions

I downloaded a new game recently but it won't launch and it seems like its a permissions issue. However, all permissions options are grayed out and it is not inheriting permissions from the parent folder either so that shouldn't be the issue. That option is greyed out too anyway. There is also a users group in the permissions that is corrupted, but I cannot remove it because the option to do so is greyed out. I am unsure if that is related to the issue, but I can't do anything to the permissions/change ownership so I cannot launch the application. How do I fix this? This is on Windows 10.

:)

AdamChumley, Oct 15, 2021

2. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Oct 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    T-Mobile Launches World's First Nationwide Standalone 5G Network

Source: T‑Mobile Launches World’s First Nationwide Standalone 5G Network | T‑Mobile Newsroom

Brink, Oct 15, 2021
  4. soletsky Win User

Can't launch game because I can't change permissions

unlock sim t-mobile lumia 521

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a prepaid phone --- no contract. As I said T-Mobile lists the number under an unknown carrier and suggested I contact Microsoft.

soletsky, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't launch game because I can't change permissions

1. Can't launch game because I can't change permissions - Similar Threads - Can't launch game

2. Can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change permissions: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I cannot engage Core Isolation. There are seven drivers that block the engagement; when I try to rename/delete them, I'm told I need SYSTEM permission. When I try to change the SYSTEM permission, I'm not allowed to do so. How do I proceed?...
  3. Can't change permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change permissions: I just upgraded to Windows 11. I cannot engage Core Isolation. There are seven drivers that block the engagement; when I try to rename/delete them, I'm told I need SYSTEM permission. When I try to change the SYSTEM permission, I'm not allowed to do so. How do I proceed?...
  4. Why can't I change the security permissions of this game from the Xbox gamepass?

Why can't I change the security permissions of this game from the Xbox gamepass?: https://imgur.com/XfNaiil https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-the-security-permissions-of-this/05a46570-e71b-4107-a20e-10b68be76929
  5. Why can't I change the security permissions of this game from the Xbox gamepass?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't I change the security permissions of this game from the Xbox gamepass?: https://imgur.com/XfNaiil https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-the-security-permissions-of-this/05a46570-e71b-4107-a20e-10b68be76929
  6. Can't launch game because I can't change permissions

Can't launch game because I can't change permissions: I downloaded a new game recently but it won't launch and it seems like its a permissions issue. However, all permissions options are grayed out and it is not inheriting permissions from the parent folder either so that shouldn't be the issue. That option is greyed out too...
  7. I can't launch Windows because I made a mistake

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't launch Windows because I made a mistake: I wanted to run Windows repair and don't have a USB or disk so I made a partition on my hard drive and made it bootable with the windows iso image files in it. The setup said I can't repair because I don't have the image on my computer, even though I do (although not on the...
  8. I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.: Hi, I bought this computer a few months ago and I installed it with Windows 10 Home Activated. Lately This week, when I download anything from the internet that contains a folder Like a .rar file I can't delete the folder, it says I need permissions from the administrator....
  9. Can't launch download game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't launch download game: So I recently purchased ARK survival evolved from the Microsoft store. But I had to download it to my external hard drive because it's a massive download. Now that it's finally done downloading I can't launch the game from my laptop which the external drive is attached to....
  10. I can't change permission of this drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't change permission of this drive.: I am very new to this administrative permissions so please help me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-permission-of-this-drive/9f181e68-c764-47c1-9680-d509fa4c3ffd"