Windows 10: Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,After system restore I can't launch Google Chrome: when I click on it, nothing happens.I searched on the web ... among hints that I found - kill... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pavel_47, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Pavel_47 Win User

Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10

Hello,After system restore I can't launch Google Chrome: when I click on it, nothing happens.I searched on the web ... among hints that I found - kill Chrome in Task manager or reinstall Chrome.Concerning Task manager - there is no Chrome there.Concerning reinstall, I'm not sure if bookmarks and also open pages can be restored.Does exist some other solution ?Thanks

:)

Pavel_47, Feb 1, 2023

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't launch Google

2. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  3. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  4. Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10: Hello,After system restore I can't launch Google Chrome: when I click on it, nothing happens.I searched on the web ... among hints that I found - kill Chrome in Task manager or reinstall Chrome.Concerning Task manager - there is no Chrome there.Concerning reinstall, I'm not...
  5. Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't launch Google Chrome in Windows 10: Hello,After system restore I can't launch Google Chrome: when I click on it, nothing happens.I searched on the web ... among hints that I found - kill Chrome in Task manager or reinstall Chrome.Concerning Task manager - there is no Chrome there.Concerning reinstall, I'm not...
  6. Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.: Hello, my google chrome instantly crashes when i double-click on it.When i launch it from a different window user on the same computer, it works.Im on windows 10.When i spam click on it, it works after a dozen of clicks and starts a single tab, then it crashes whenever it...
  7. Google Chrome will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome will not launch: Yesterday all was fine. This morning I clicked, as usual, on my Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop. It would not work. I tried the icon on the launch bar. Won't work. I checked and there was a Windows 10 update last night. I googled on my other pc and saw a couple of...
  8. Windows 10 Google Chrome will not launch

Windows 10 Google Chrome will not launch: Hi, Google Chrome has stopped working on my PC Windows 10. A few weeks ago, it just stopped opening. It is pinned to the taskbar and is open in Task Manager but it is not visible on my screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no change. Any ideas how...
  9. Google Chrome not launching

Google Chrome not launching: I cannot launch Chrome from my Surface Pro/Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, but it says it's already open which it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-launching/60ef656b-8b87-4017-a472-0a5375c345c0
  10. Can't open google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't open google chrome: Hi ! So I connected my xbox account to the pc to see how it goes( I have a child account on xbox so I had to give an adult account to play the games ) and the next day I can't open Google Chrome. It says "Ask for permission". I looked on youtube, google, haven't found...